Star Citizen Role Poll for Wingnuts

What role(s) will you predominately fill in SC?

• Pirate

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Bounty Hunter

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Trader

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Explorer

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Smuggler

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Industrialist

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Miner

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Mercenary

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Soldier (private or public)

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iceblade

Admiral
So, we know from the general SC fan population the roles that the player base is leaning toward. I am curious to know if the Wingnuts have different predilections.

Please choose the option(s) that you feel best describes your desired role in SC. Please choose at most 3 options.

Just a note on soldier and merc options:

Mercenary here refers to players who take jobs combat missions no matter who gives them: merchant, UEE, crimelord, pirate gang, etc.

Soldier here refers to players who will follow some level of a code and/or who generally support or favor one of the government factions (UEE, Xi'an, etc) excluding the Vanduuls. You either intend to work within the military framework of one of these factions (assuming this is an option) or provide assistance individually/with your own squadron or as part of a larger "guild" or private navy.

Though I'm probably going to be playing more as a soldier, I'm way more interested in exploring. It depends on the finished game and how everything ends up, of course. I could very well enjoy being something else entirely!

Why is "ship's janitor" not on this list anywhere? I mean, this game is supposed to be realistic and submersive and all...who's going to clean the toilets?

Pity we can't spell it 'Role Pole'.

I can only predict how I might play by how I played Freelancer & Privateer. Take any mission, for whoever. Merc all the way. Does that mean deep down I'm a bad person with no loyalty to anyone but myself?

Why is "ship's janitor" not on this list anywhere? I mean, this game is supposed to be realistic and submersive and all...who's going to clean the toilets?
We already have fully automated maintenance-free toilets now, and not all cultures use toilet paper. You really have to be very sick to mess one up. Besides, in today's smaller companies all the staff takes shifts to save on a janitor...

You might opt for the callsign "Scruffy" ofcourse :)

Does that mean deep down I'm a bad person with no loyalty to anyone but myself?
Probably. :)

We already have fully automated maintenance-free toilets now, and not all cultures use toilet paper. You really have to be very sick to mess one up. Besides, in today's smaller companies all the staff takes shifts to save on a janitor...

Aw, crap. Well hell, I guess I'll have to withdraw my pledge then....

But if you were the ship's janitor, then you'd have to go save the day when the Sariens attack and steal the Star Generator! :D

But if you were the ship's janitor, then you'd have to go save the day when the Sariens attack and steal the Star Generator! :D
Then making it up to captain in part V, and returning to a janitor role in VI :cool:

Commanding officer. I already have two paw-- err friends I'll be dragging into the game (they haven't pledged, but I'll buy them copies on release). One really wants to do exploration and I'm a fan of Robert's militaries so it'll be between those two.

I think I'll be a Soldier, but I'm also a huge fan of exploring, trading, and being an industrial type of guy.

What I definitely look forward to the most is exploring.
Piracy, bounty hunting and mercenary work comes second.

Back