Standoff`s "new" ships

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
Hey :) ,somewhere I read that you are planning to add more ships than planed Eder ? Hope I am correct.

I would like to make a suggestion.Why dont you put some Wc3-era ships....we know that most of them (except Thunderbolt ,Excalibur ) exist at about 2667...It would be more realistic to see Them as well in there....

I know its a bad suggestion ,cause you want to make Standoff to have the Wc2 feeling....at least you can mention them in your Fiction....

I would like to see a Hellcat fly along with a Rapier2 :)

I think WC3 ship would look out of place in Standoff...at least in their grey-bluish original form. However, if the coler sheme is changed to WC2 (green-grey with red yellow warning signs and the like) they'll probably fit into it nicely. Who knows...

TCSTigersClaw said:
Hey :) ,somewhere I read that you are planning to add more ships than planed Eder ? Hope I am correct.
That is correct :)

TCSTigersClaw said:
I would like to make a suggestion.Why dont you put some Wc3-era ships....we know that most of them (except Thunderbolt ,Excalibur ) exist at about 2667...It would be more realistic to see Them as well in there....

I know its a bad suggestion ,cause you want to make Standoff to have the Wc2 feeling....at least you can mention them in your Fiction....
There won't be any WC3/4 fighters in Standoff, because they're just ugly. Sure, the Arrow isn't so ugly, but it doesn't really have the same style as the WC1/2 ships either.

TCSTigersClaw said:
I would like to see a Hellcat fly along with a Rapier2 :)
Two words about Hellcats in Standoff: no way :D

Lynx said:
I think WC3 ship would look out of place in Standoff...at least in their grey-bluish original form. However, if the coler sheme is changed to WC2 (green-grey with red yellow warning signs and the like) they'll probably fit into it nicely. Who knows...
Looks like Lynx has figured out my evil plot. As soon as the solsector.net server move is complete, check out Standoff's site for screenshots of the first WC3/4 ship to be featured in there :) Like Lynx suggested, the trick to get this ship to fit in with the rest was to modify the model a bit, making it more rounded, borrowing some elements from WC1/2, and using textures that are in the exact same style as the other ships (Green hulls, grey hulls, red/yellow/blueish details). This should, BTW, be the only WC3/4 ship in Standoff... I really have little regard for the others.

Ok, I've updated the site, but I can't actually see wheter the update is there (I still get the old site when I type the URL)... so anything you read at the site right now isn't official until tomorrow, or something :D

I knew it! :D

That's by far the coolest and best looking version of that ship that I have seen in my lifetime. Great, great job! :)

That is soo cooll..

I was just thinking about this.. making alternate pictures of WC III and IV ships the way they would have looked in WC II. The cinematic scenes in Wing Commander III make the ships look a little better but they are all still a bit blocky (the Arrow really shines in the cinematic parts I think).

That and my idea for a "non-LOAF" Wing Commander chronology (which would actually use common sense and not include anything from the movie or TV show..)

Only, I wish you hadn't done the Lexington.. a "Concordia" class fleet carrier that also looks a lot like the light carrier Ranger class because Origin didn't feel like making a new carrier for Confed for Wing Commander IV (and they didn't manage to get that creative with the Vesuvius either.. that should have 4 bays..) even though any decent fleet carrier constructed between Wing I and II should have at least two launch/recovery bays like the Waterloos (not even a carrier!) and Confederation class dreadnaught. I like to pretend that the Lexington should look like it has two Victory hulls laminiated together (to have two bays) with a bigger tower.

But anyway, you do great work. Its just Origin's Concordia class fleet carrier debacle in Wing IV that gets me up in arms sometimes =).

She is beautiful. Better than I remeber her,it maybe just the green colors, but it looks really great :D . Keep up the good work, but please do some work on the story and Kilrathi craft.

Hart,

Join the Wing Commander Aces Club. They embrace people like you over there.

That and my idea for a "non-LOAF" Wing Commander chronology (which would actually use common sense and not include anything from the movie or TV show..)

If you have some sort of issue with my timeline, I'd be happy to discuss it.

Eder said:
That is correct :)

There won't be any WC3/4 fighters in Standoff, because they're just ugly. Sure, the Arrow isn't so ugly, but it doesn't really have the same style as the WC1/2 ships either.

Two words about Hellcats in Standoff: no way :D

:( UGLY ????? Hellcat is a beauty...ooooh sometimes I really think you have noooooooooo tasteeee Eder :p

Lynx said:
That's by far the coolest and best looking version of that ship that I have seen in my lifetime. Great, great job! :)
I'm glad everyone liked the WC2-ized Lexington so far... I can't see it for myself yet, but now I know it's really there :p

Wait, I want to know more about why some guy I don't know doesn't like me or understand the concept behind a timeline :(

Apparently, people think that anything that ever happened on TV has never happened at all :p

Well....that is a big issue.....about the Timelines and about what we should consider in them or not...... Maybe another thread in the Genaral Dicussion ? hehe there have been millions before...

What I say is this: Wc universe is not something solid....like other sci-fi.Thats good for me...people are free here to believe whatever they want to believe...but I hate arguing etc...I like LOAF`s timeline and skeleton and Jumping FAQ etc..I disagree at some points but I dont have a problem at all. :cool:

sorry for my bad English Iam in rush and I express my thoughts directly.

Even if you don't like certain things -- and who likes everything? -- the *point* of a timeline is to organize all these unrelated events into something bigger and... well, organized. A 'timeline' that everyone will agree with is easy and pointless. I can do it right now:

Wing Commander
Wing Commander 2
Wing Commander 3
Wing Commander 4

:)

(I know, I'm kidding... some people don't like Wing Commander 4.)

Chad Hart said:
which would actually use common sense and not include anything from the movie or TV show..

Wait.. how does not including two major sources in any way demonstrate common sense?

even though any decent fleet carrier constructed between Wing I and II should have at least two launch/recovery bays like the Waterloos (not even a carrier!) and Confederation class dreadnaught

The Concordia class is a (slightly) pre-war class... it wasn't designed between the first two games at all.

I like to pretend that the Lexington should look like it has two Victory hulls laminiated together (to have two bays) with a bigger tower.

That's... nice.... You think this would look... better?

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like to pretend that the Lexington should look like it has two Victory hulls laminiated together (to have two bays) with a bigger tower.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because Origin ships are not up to Hart's expectations, I decided to use my "personal interpretation" to make the Concordia-class carrier. Just the way he likes it.

blah.JPG

Back