Spaceships Universe. Wing Commander Tribute.

I think it's almost impossible to create so many content for single player using only one developer :)
And even if I can create such game it will be the game for the single run.
That's why I decided develop some kind of sandbox game. Where you can use different tactics and different opponents each time.
Maybe we can consider some dynamic campaign. But it also will require huge content.

I understand, that content ist quite a time related problem. So this game can be compared to something like unreal tournament. Quick multiplayer games, with no story ?
If so, will it be possible to play against the AI? Or will there be an AI at all? This would be a good compromise. :)

I understand, that content ist quite a time related problem. So this game can be compared to something like unreal tournament. Quick multiplayer games, with no story ?
If so, will it be possible to play against the AI? Or will there be an AI at all? This would be a good compromise. :)
-->with no story ?
Sure, not :) The main story is the Great Kilrathi War. You can play as confed officer or as kilrathi. And your aim is to defeat opposite side through takeover all of its systems and destroying the homeworld (Kilra or Earth). And how many time it take will depend on players skills :)
Regarding AI I can say that it already exists. Each station has some AI-controlled defence forces. For now this is just 2 corvettes. And sure defence forces will depend on system size and if there is some docks or fleet bases in it. E.g. large TC fleet base in the Sirius system.

I think it's almost impossible to create so many content for single player using only one developer :)
And even if I can create such game it will be the game for the single run.
That's why I decided develop some kind of sandbox game. Where you can use different tactics and different opponents each time.
Maybe we can consider some dynamic campaign. But it also will require huge content.
perhaps I'm hoping for/asking for too much but I would love to see the game with both features... Possibly initially released as you describe it, then later on as you have more time you can develop a campaign for it, and release that as an expansion to the game?

With my pleasure :) But first let me finish the basic version ))

It's very important to have realistic goals. There's lots of WC mods out there with epic story campaigns... and the vast majority were never released. There can be long term plans to add in more features and content later, but having a focused and achievable near-term product in mind like you do is how fan projects actually get finished!

It's very important to have realistic goals. There's lots of WC mods out there with epic story campaigns... and the vast majority were never released.
Yes, sir! When enemy comes It's better to have a small functional corvette instead of half of battleship :)

Well, I'm quite tired redesign ship GUI :) I think it will be the final iteration for now.
Guys, I need your opinion. How does it look? From your point of view what is needed to improve or change?
Thanks in advance)
new_gui2.JPG

I think it's a little hard to judge a UI from a picture. As much as the user "interface" is important, the user "experience" of utilizing the different menus and commands is even moreso. But it looks pretty enough. :) Fonts remind me of Privateer 2, especially that teal exit button in the top right.

I think it's a little hard to judge a UI from a picture. As much as the user "interface" is important, the user "experience" of utilizing the different menus and commands is even moreso. But it looks pretty enough. :) Fonts remind me of Privateer 2, especially that teal exit button in the top right.
Yes, you're right saying how it is hard to judge GUI just from a picture. But it's important for me to know how understandable it is and how it looks like in color and general view of UI elements. Hope to record video of gameplay soon where it will be more clear.

This is getting better and better. From my expirience I say do not spend any more time on the GUI in this phase of your project. You could get in an never ending changing cycle. Revisit it at the end of your project with a clear mind. It looks very good anyway :)

Well, after loooooooong delay I'm coming back with update.
Here is first video which contains gameplay.
As you can see, I've started to use models from Klavs81's pack and the first one is kilrathi Dorkier transport. Unfortunately these models are not very well imported into Unity but still I'm trying to bring them alive.

So, the project is not dead. WIP.

Well, after loooooooong delay I'm coming back with update.
Here is first video which contains gameplay.
As you can see, I've started to use models from Klavs81's pack and the first one is kilrathi Dorkier transport. Unfortunately these models are not very well imported into Unity but still I'm trying to bring them alive.

So, the project is not dead. WIP.

omg.. this video is not available in germany :(

Arraen, your choice of music is perfect!

I always loved Christopher Stasheff’s presentation of the Venture-class corvettes as being some sort of B-17 / U-boat hybrid in feel and operation.
(Though the placement of the turrets on the Venture still befuddles me to this day.)

Anyway, amazing stuff! Keep up the good work! d('.' )

Last edited:
WIP. Demo #2.
Now I want to show you my version of Tallahassee cruiser in action. Mission is the same - kilrathi convoy but now instead of Venture cats have met a big guy with guns.
Also I've updated GUI, turrets and mission objectives system.

Back