Space Badge: Air Force vs. Buzz Lightyear

criticalmass

Vice Admiral
In other News:
The Walt Disney Company is suing the U.S. Air Force over the design of a new space badge.

That's an interesting article about a bizarre design similarity - too bad it's all not true. But I thought I'd post it before someone picks up the fake article and starts the "big companies are evil" debate all over again.

The full story and some nice quips are here: Badge Buzz

Hehe, I saw that when they discounted it at snopes.com... Buzz's wings look a lot more like civilian astronaut wings then they do the new badge.

I wonder why the Post Office never sued the Air Force over their copying of the uniforms.......

wow....that's seriously lame. there isn't enough of a similarity to justify and kind of claim...god, disney sucks. kick out all your traditional animators and produce what appears to be one seriously shitty looking 3d film, and then sue the airforce for something that really has no resemblence to a detail on a film...bah...stupid.

Brad Mick

heh, just noticed the false status....even so, retarded to even consider it..

hah...and i need to stop reading shit when its late too...wow, *smacks head*

Cute. Tho I have to admit I would not have wondered all that much if it were indeed real.

wow....that's seriously lame. there isn't enough of a similarity to justify and kind of claim...god, disney sucks. kick out all your traditional animators and produce what appears to be one seriously shitty looking 3d film, and then sue the airforce for something that really has no resemblence to a detail on a film...bah...stupid.

Toy Story is a pretty great 3D film.

Pixar is really good even if you ignore the whole "animation" part. The movies are excellent.

i'm not downing pixar....they're my idols. i just think that disney sucks, and the first 3d film that i've seen being made exclusively by them, and not pixar (pixar work is amazing) sucks.

their deal is 2d animation, what i've always loved about them. ever since pixar made it a big seller, they ditched all their traditional artists....lame. very lame on disney's part. prolly should have clarified i was i wasn't talking about toy story.

Brad Mick

*LOL* Reading this, I realize that I would give money out of my own pockets to have a bunch of Senior Airmen calling out, "To infinity and beyond!" :)

You know I think the new wings kinda look like something you'd find on a wall in the Kremline. Just think if that star was red...

Back