Space Above And Beyond 3CD Soundtrack Set

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Space_Above-and-Beyond.jpg

Knowing quite a few Wingnuts are also fans of the short-lived FOX series Space: Above And Beyond, I figured it might be news that soundtrack label LaLaLand Records has just put up a preorder for a limited edition 3CD set of the music for the series by composer Shirley Walker.

You can order and listen to samples at the following URL.

http://lalalandrecords.com/SpaceAboveAndBeyond.html

Easier than eating pancakes.

LOAF and I ordered this the day it was announced and we both got our shipping confirmations on Saturday.

There should be a PDF file at some point soon, detailing each track as it appears in the set. I think it was held up because of some minor inaccuracies.

Ohhhhhh, it's GOOD STUFF. Just listened to it while road tripping across the western US. Great driving music, really keeps your attention. I was a little amped up after a while, on the lookout for Chigs!

I'm late to the party with this one, but mine just arrived. Easily one of the best soundtracks for a Scifi series.

Bumping this thread as LLL has a sale running with this set marked down to $10 for a limited time.

Thanks for bumping this - I missed it the first time around. Shirley Walker is one of my favorite composers. She also did a lot of work for Warner Bros/DC Animation.

Bumping this thread once again for a S:AAB update!

Apparently, the Region 2 DVD release comes with a plethora of bonus features...

Extras include:
'Brand New' Making of Documentary (45 mins)

Original Publicity Interviews with Cast

Audio Commentaries with Cast and Crew

VFX hammerhead test footage

Deleted/Alternate Scenes

Concept Stills Gallery

Storyboard Stills Gallery

Much more!

None of this was found on the bare-bones Region 1 DVD set. I just ordered this R2 set over the weekend, so I'll let you know what its like after I've gone through it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Space-Colle...TF8&qid=1384351447&sr=8-1&keywords=space+2063

Watched the Documentary (which is actually 74 minutes, not 45!) and was deeply pleased that someone took the time to put it together. They interview the entire cast and theres a host of great anecdotes about filming the series and the struggle to go forward as it was obvious the show was sinking. Tucker Smallwood (Commodore Ross) has an incredible story about his time in 'Nam that has to be heard to be believed.

A very highly recommended set. Have yet to delve into any of the four commentary tracks yet.

Back