(Something Like)Trivia

We'll just shuffle that question to the back of the deck and move on :)

Which of Hunter's friends took up his cigar smoking/chewing vice after his death?

C-ya

Well, if Viper comfirms that I'm right, then I'm going to say . . .

Why did the kilrathi test pilot use a countdown?

(It's a bit vague, but if you paid any attention, you'll recognize what I'm talking about)

Yes overmortal, it was Doomsday. And the pilot was counting down for dramatic effect (if you're refering to the Kilrathi torpedo tests). You made that as vague as possible, didn't you? ;)

I'll stick to Hunter questions for a bit. . . Why could Ian not shake the Kilrathi missile that about killed him in the Landreich system (which incidentally is why he couldn't shake the missiles that did kill him later in the mission)?

Yes, I didn't want the question to be too easy.

The missile's had been re-programmed to recognize the "cold front" trick that Terran pilots had been using for years. As Hunter presented the cold front end of his fighter, the missile regained lock and bored in on him, nearly killing him. But, at his death, it wasn't that the missile knew the trick. It was that six missiles were bearing down on him, and he gave up his last chance to eject in order to save the Bannockburn.

Actually no, I think he did try to evade in that way . . . but it didn't work because it was the wrong missile type . . .try again

umm overmortal is correct, Hunter lost his sabre due to the engine-shut-down-and-turn because the heat seeker missle was reprogramed to recognize that trick. When he died he did two things, first he turned his transponder on to attract the swarm of 6 missles (iff's and heat seakers) and two he lined up to destroy a ship making a run on the bannockburn just as the tarawa was coming to the rescue.

Erkle said:
umm overmortal is correct, Hunter lost his sabre . . .
uuum no . Hunter lost his ship because the Kilrathi had upgraded their FF missile - pg 113 FA, Hunter speaking- "Kilrathi seem to have a new prototype weapon. It's ignoring chaff and noise maker. It registered first as an IFF missile but the damn thing must have a smart weapon program that continues to recognize its target once locked." No heatseeker, no eninge shut down . . . he did turn his transponder and radar completely off, bringing his electronic signature to almost nill, but to no avail.
Also, all six missiles that killed Ian were of the new IFF variety, he had to key up his transponder to lure them away from the Bannockburn. He knew from prior experience that he couldn't outfly the missiles and was about to pop out when he had to turn back in to save Paladin.

And no LOAF, we asked for a hint but none came so on with the game :)

Okay, my question was a bit vague too so I'll ask a quick cut and dry one to get the ball rolling again.
What was the Kilrathi and Terran name of the Kilrathi Dorkathi used by Paladin, Blair and Maniac in their assault on Ayers Rock?

C-ya

C-ya

Viper61 said:
What was the Kilrathi and Terran name of the Kilrathi Dorkathi used by Paladin, Blair and Maniac in their assault on Ayers Rock?

Gamal Gan was the kat name, Grimalkin the human one.

(easy question for y'all, below)

Who was your/Blair's first wingman when flying Scimitars?

No the rules haven't changed, so Sylvester will now be stoned to death, for the rules of the Something Like Trivia Game are gospel! ;)

TCS Agincourt - WC2
TCS Alcatraz - SO2
TCS Centurion - SO1
TCS Gettysburg - SO1

I think thats the ones we actually saw, I believe the others are either in the novels of inferred in some way.

What 2 Confed pilots were responsible for bringing Thrakhaths dreadnaught flagship down on the Dolosian Sivar ritual, ending it before it began and what was the name of the the Prince's dreadnaught?

C-ya

Back