Some bugs I noticed

powell99

Aviation Junkie
Okay I was playing it last night when I saw some interesting things. One was Voyager from Star Trek. That was pretty weird. Another thing Is that occasionaly the Jump points will be invisible. The final thing are the mass-drivers; are they supposed to shoot nearly invisible spheres?

Voyager? I guess a Drayman might look somewhat like Voyager if you squint really hard. Some jump points are just marked by buoys, no swirling sphere thingies (which is by design I think). What I found odd was the amazing invisible Jalthi. Evidently quite heavily armed for a ship that is invisible and quite impossible to hit. Something fishy in the code I should think, not that I would know what to do about it.

The Hellcat and the Thunderbolt also seem to have the same problem with being invisible. Is it advisable to use the models provided by spiritplumber in "wcu-ships.zip" as place holders and adjust the unit scaling in "units.csv" until all the modeling and texturing is completed by the dev team and put into the game ?

Gol_Stoan said:
Found this line in stderr.txt "yzwCannot Open Mesh File jalthi.bfxm".
mat_yarrow said:
The Hellcat and the Thunderbolt also seem to have the same problem with being invisible. Is it advisable to use the models provided by spiritplumber in "wcu-ships.zip" as place holders and adjust the unit scaling in "units.csv" until all the modeling and texturing is completed by the dev team and put into the game ?
All 3 of those ships have entries in the Units.CSV file, however, there are no models in the \units\folders.
So...
When it's called, you see an invisible model, complete with it's weapons and equipment, as assigned in the Units.csv file.
But, because there is no actual model, the best you can hope for is to destroy the weapons and equipment.
There's no ship to destroy.
There are a couple of other ships like this, but I can't recall their names.
ricree101 said:
Is it just me, or is earth inside of the sun. Seems an awkward place to leave a planet.
That's what I thought, too.

Maybe a unit scale of "0.02" in the units.csv would be appropriate if the jalthi, hellcat, and thunderbolt models in "wcu-ships.zip" are used as placeholders. The game might probably slow down though.

One bug that just got me was when I strayed near the tractor beam of a ship, I would die. I mean I know that if I eject out of my ship,and get tractored I would die but even when I am in an undamaged ship?

I messed up with the hellcat and thunderbolt distributions.... my bad.

About the tractor beam: what happens is that if you get near a trac-beam of a big ship, you get tractored in. I don't know how to fix it yet, but I'm working on it -- this should happen with small ships (Talon, Demon) which you yourself are able to tractor in.

Back