So what is it?

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
so what exactly is this Priv Remake and the WCU? are they the same things? when is the priv remake gonna be released approximately?

Privateer Remake is a recreation of the original game privateer with 3d graphics that works on windows, linux and macintosh systems natively.

In the next few weeks, when Privateer Remake is finished, the project will be forked into "Privateer Remake" and Wing Commander Universe. At that time, the WCU project will allow other ships to be added from other eras, probably starting with WC1 and 2 and working up to Armada.... Where Privateer Remake will continue to share all code improvements with the fork, but will not continue to receive new ships and abilities.

Make Sense?
You can try out what we have now--it's not far off from the final honestly.

hellcat said:
Privateer Remake is a recreation of the original game privateer with 3d graphics that works on windows, linux and macintosh systems natively.

In the next few weeks, when Privateer Remake is finished, the project will be forked into "Privateer Remake" and Wing Commander Universe. At that time, the WCU project will allow other ships to be added from other eras, probably starting with WC1 and 2 and working up to Armada.... Where Privateer Remake will continue to share all code improvements with the fork, but will not continue to receive new ships and abilities.

Make Sense?
You can try out what we have now--it's not far off from the final honestly.

yeah, the remake is first to iron out any bugs then WCU comes along with the whole universe in it? sounds freakin awesome though and I'll download that beta 008 tonight.

MamiyaOtaru said:
I was starting to wonder if you were going to ask if it was a bad smuggler with some nice contraband

lol no, Im a mercenary not a smuggler lol

Iceman16 said:
yeah, the remake is first to iron out any bugs then WCU comes along with the whole universe in it? sounds freakin awesome though and I'll download that beta 008 tonight.
I'm not sure but this will take quite a while i won't wait for it.

WCU and priv-remake don't really iron out bugs for each other (well, they might, but that isn't the intention)

privateer remake : privateer remake
wcu : wing commander universe

the names are really the meanings of what each one will be.

WCU = privateer remake, when you are in gemini... but you will be able to leave gemini.

other differences will prolly be changes to combat, ships, etc.

in privateer-remake you're limited to being a privateer. in WCU we'd like to give you the ability to enlist, and fly wc1/2/3, etc missions, and actually, you will probably be able to affect the outcome of the war as a whole. what privateer remake is to privateer, WCU is to all-of-WC-at-once.

-scheherazade

Back