So, what do you really need to win?

Mancubus

Rear Admiral
So I did it.
and I saved the Verdun. And the Saratoga. And I got the Hakaga in Ep4. In Ep5 mission2 I wiped everything save for 1 ralatha. I got (well the Broadswords got) the Snaikeir in Civilan mission. Only time I failed was last mission where I didn't "inflict significant damage to Hakaga" and didn't destroy the Snaikeir.But I got Thrakath And I still got we are in no shape to counter attack ending

So what do you really need to get the win-win? is it last mission? than it's Impossible. Not because its' impossible to do it. It's just
Ihave only 2 torps
and before I can finish, game crashes no matter what :(

I haven't seen both winning endings yet myself, but I was reading in other threads that the flight history terminal lists the missions by name, and there are at least two winning Epilogues. I think they're called:

Epilogue: Next year in Kilrah

Epilogue: It's a long way to Kilrah

Just from the sound of it I'd say that the first one is the win-win, and the second is the eh-win. But if a crash is preventing you from finishing the mission... I can't say which one you'd be unlocking.

Perhaps a bit later once more people have explored the game we will post the victory conditions for getting the winning end games on the winning paths.

Hmm.

Quarto said:
but the winning ending also implies that Confed will be able to counterattack

If this is true, then there may be a bug that prevents the player from getting the winning ending. Like Mancubus, I got the "we are in no shape to counterattack" ending, and I wondered why, since my playthrough was really pretty good. So I restarted the game, and began another playthrough where I used Ctrl-F12 on every single enemy target, to make sure I would get the absolute best score possible. So I pretty much saved every single friendly capital ship, destroyed every enemy ship, completed every objective, and never lost a mission.
And I still got the middle ending. So, yeah, I think there might be a bug there. :p

I'm not sure. I've seen both endings, although I'm not sure why you wouldn't have gotten the "winning-winning" ending if you had shoehorn'd through the game.

Quarto would be able to answer that better...but don't expect an answer anytime soon...he should be on his honeymoon right about now :p

I'm not sure. I've seen both endings, although I'm not sure why you wouldn't have gotten the "winning-winning" ending if you had shoehorn'd through the game.

Heh. Maybe it is the winning ending... only we never saw middle so we have nothing to compare

Quarto would be able to answer that better...but don't expect an answer anytime soon...he should be on his honeymoon right about now :p

Well yeah he may still have hangover, trust me...

It's a pretty poor show to say he got drunk at his own wedding. ):

well... you haven't seen Polish wedding, have you?. If it's traditional, there is a "poprawiny", sunday afterparty , and this is when essentialy everyone want's to drink with the groom... (ok on the reception everyone want's too, nut he can make excuses, while in fact the very idea of poprawiny that's it's after wedding night so the groom can get drunk). Trust me i'ts really hard to stay sober even for the groom, espetially after the wedding party witch can easly last to 4-5 A.M. and then with second one starting at 2 P.M. I really really meant no offence for him.

I'm not doubting your shared Polish heritage at all, but... well, I suppose we can't know till Q gets back to defend himself. :p

I've done some more testing regarding the endings, and here are the results... there is indeed a bug :

-The losing ending (with Bradshaw running out of air) works properly.
-As far as I know, going through the Ep.5 losing path ("Earth Orbit") prevents you from getting the winning ending... You can only get the middle ending at best. Things seem to work as intended there.
-However, the endings for the Ep.5 winning path are reversed : If you inflict as much damage as possible on the Kilrathi fleet, you get the middle ending ("They're running, but we're in no shape to counterattack, either. You heard what Reismann...") and if you mess up, you get the winning ending ("You heard Reismann. We attack! We go for Kilrah!").

well... you haven't seen Polish wedding, have you?. If it's traditional, there is a "poprawiny", sunday afterparty , and this is when essentialy everyone want's to drink with the groom... (ok on the reception everyone want's too, nut he can make excuses, while in fact the very idea of poprawiny that's it's after wedding night so the groom can get drunk). Trust me i'ts really hard to stay sober even for the groom, espetially after the wedding party witch can easly last to 4-5 A.M. and then with second one starting at 2 P.M. I really really meant no offence for him.
Hehe. Oddly enough, there really was very little drinking the next day after the reception - I was, thankfully, able to get away without drinking even one shot.

...Which is more than can be said of the reception itself ;). I'm not a fan of vodka, but being the groom does carry certain obligations, so I did end up drinking several shots of vodka, as well as champagne and red wine ;). I still got away without really getting drunk - not sure about the weddings you've been to, but so far, every wedding I've been to, the bride and groom were "allowed" not to drink too much, since they had to stay more or less conscious throughout the whole thing. The reception, incidentally, did last until 04:30 - but you're wrong about the next day's events starting at 2PM - in this case, poprawiny was more of a breakfast, starting at 11. Most of the guests from my side of the family had a five hour car trip ahead of them, so we had to make sure everyone was fed before they left (...which also helped limit the drinking ;) ).

(and no, I'm not back yet - just checking in before we leave for our honeymoon trip, though I did find the time to fix the bug Sharpshooter mentioned :) )

...and no, I'm not back yet - just checking in before we leave for our honeymoon trip, though I did find the time to fix the bug Sharpshooter mentioned...
Oh my goodness, stop being so bleeding dedicated, Q. Go and spend time with your wife! Seriously. :)

Back