SM for DOS download

devdevlin

Spaceman
where can i download WC1 secret missions for DOS? all i get are for the kilrathi saga - i dont need them. thanks.

dinodude.

the problem is i cant use my SM2 (kilrathi saga) savegames with WC1 DOS version. is there a way around this? thanks.

dinodude.

i know its a lame excuse so dont get righteous on me. i want to use my SM2 (kilrathi saga) savegames with WC1 (DOS) so i can use the alt+del cheat. thanks.

dinodude.

Only the KS addons are freely available. It's been a while, but I think the savegames for the two might be incompatible actually.

Um, the point is that SM2 savegames, KS or DOS, can't be put into WC1, period. You can transfer forward (WC1->SM2), but not backwards.

i used WC1 and SM1 (both kilrathi saga) savegames with my WC1 DOS version and it worked fine. i just cant use the SM2 (also kilrathi saga) savegames with WC1 DOS. anyway do you guys know where i can find a ship editor for the kilrathi saga? ive downloaded the wcview at wcnews.com but it only works for the DOS version of WC1. thanks.

dinodude.

I don't really understand what you're trying to do... but the WC/SM1 and SM2 save games are not compatible. The DOS version of SM2 has its own executable, separate and distinct from WC/SM1.

Yeah, SM2 is different than WC1/SM1. The Dralthi II completely replaced the Dralthi and a couple pilots replaced a couple pilots, among other things, so they don't mesh right.

ic.wel anyway do any of you guys know how i can edit kilrathi saga ships instead?something like wcview.exe. thanks.

dinodude.

There's no Kilrathi Saga ship editor. I think there's some hex editing instructions at HCl's site - you may be able to do it yourself.

Back