Slight visual problem in Prophecy

JKM

Rear Admiral
I've been playing Prophecy on my new computer for a few days now, and it just started having a minor visual problem. When I'm in the cockpit, there is a translucent blue color that goes across the screen diagonally on the lower right side of the screen. It's kind of like blue fog that never moves. It doesn't affect gameplay at all. Also it doesn't show up in any other view, so I can look side to side or behind the ship with no problems. The 3dfx test demo also does not have any problems. It just started doing it last night, shortly after I got to disc two. If I restart a new game it will do the same thing, but I don't think that it was there before when I played it. I can post a pic up later, I don't have Photoshop installed on the new pc yet to downsize the screenshot I took of it. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm playing with the Hi-res patch at 1024x768 (although it does it in 800x600 also) with the glide wrapper, all effects on. I am running in Win 98 compatibility mode since my mouse screws up in XP mode. The computer specs are:

Athlon XP 2200, 512 megs RAM, Asus A9550GE Radeon video card (using the latest Radeon Omega drivers), Sound Blaster Audigy sound card, Windows XP Pro

The problem isn't a big deal, but if anyone knows what the issue might be I'd love to hear it.

JKM said:
I've been playing Prophecy on my new computer for a few days now, and it just started having a minor visual problem. When I'm in the cockpit, there is a translucent blue color that goes across the screen diagonally on the lower right side of the screen. It's kind of like blue fog that never moves. It doesn't affect gameplay at all. Also it doesn't show up in any other view, so I can look side to side or behind the ship with no problems. The 3dfx test demo also does not have any problems. It just started doing it last night, shortly after I got to disc two. If I restart a new game it will do the same thing, but I don't think that it was there before when I played it. I can post a pic up later, I don't have Photoshop installed on the new pc yet to downsize the screenshot I took of it. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm playing with the Hi-res patch at 1024x768 (although it does it in 800x600 also) with the glide wrapper, all effects on. I am running in Win 98 compatibility mode since my mouse screws up in XP mode. The computer specs are:

Athlon XP 2200, 512 megs RAM, Asus A9550GE Radeon video card (using the latest Radeon Omega drivers), Sound Blaster Audigy sound card, Windows XP Pro

The problem isn't a big deal, but if anyone knows what the issue might be I'd love to hear it.

It's a bug with the highres patch and glide mode. If you choose 640x480 the blue oval around the hud shoud display properly. I think HCL might already be working on a fix for this.

Well, if that's all it is then I won't worry too much about it. I'm almost finished playing the game anyway. Here's a screenshot of the game to show what I'm talking about:

Attachments

• shot0000-1.jpg
    shot0000-1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 83
Yeah, that's the glitch. The next version of the WCP High Res patch will just remove the blue oval entirely.

This is a glitch I also recognized.

Just wanted to let you know that Mário Brito already has fixed it in his dev. code. ;)

Unfortunately there is no eta on when it's going to be released.

Uhm, on a second thought.. any forum admin please delete these two posts.

I don't want to annoy HCl.
Only try to make some people happy and give them a nice anticipation.

But I've seen HCl posts in this forum, too, so if he wanted, he'd probably already have made it public.

So, sorry again!
I, didn't search the whole forum in advance.

Back