Skipper missiles at the Battle of Earth?

Ilanin

Captain
Well, maybe. Here's an image of my radar during "Armageddon".

radar.jpg

As you can see, the Rigakh cruisers (orange dots) are directly in front of me, and busily launching their antimatter missiles. But...what's that other yellow dot, behind me, nowhere near the Rigakhs (which are still some ~30000 km distant here)?

Well, whatever it is, it's only visible on my radar for four frames, or 0.13 seconds before it vanishes. Clearly, the Kilrathi have deployed a prototype Skipper!

...or maybe, the Standoff team needed to create this one in an out of the way place to make it impossible to actually intercept all the missiles. Or there's something else going on here. What is it?

Could it be a missile fired by one of your wingmen? I don't think there's anything mission-related going on there...

I don't think so, because a) they'd not be in range of anything to have a missile lock on, since those fighters are somewhat behind me and the Kilrathi are in front, b) the missile disappears a tenth of a second later without apparently hitting anything, and c) I'm pretty certain fighter-launched missiles (except torpedoes) don't show up on the radar in the Vision engine.

He's correct about not being able to see missiles (except mines and targetable capmiss) in the scoop. Rather strange since I think most other games show them. Still, I didn't see the dot he was referring to in the mission. It the dot were darker, I would think it would be the third cruiser taking its sweet time disappearing.

Hehe, don't assume Standoff's radar work like the other vision games... I've tweeked it quite a bit :)

I am somehow happy you didn't notice though, that means my tweeks were seemless and feel natural.

I needed to replay that mission to get the losing ending, so I also set myself the challenge of locating that elusive missile. And a missile it is. As for where it is, well...

huh.png

Yeah, I don't think I'll be intercepting that one any time soon. Is it just there by mistake, or was it deliberate to stop you intercepting 100% of the missiles?

No, as I already said - we didn't place any missiles out of the way intentionally. It's a bug of some kind.

Back