Size Comparison Chart for Capital Ships

Vasator

Spaceman
Hey Guys I was wondering if anyone has anything to go by in making a size comparison chart of all the capital ships in Wing Commander.

The reason why is I saw a comparison chart that specified the Executor Class Super Star Destroyer from Star Wars is only 17,484 meters long while the KIS Hvar'kann Kilrathi Dreadnaught is a whopping 22,000 Meters.

I think this would make it the biggest Sci-Fi Warship in History (to the best of my knowledge)

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 703
I'm working on a fighter comparison chart right now, and plan on doing a capship chart when I'm finished.

I think this would make it the biggest Sci-Fi Warship in History (to the best of my knowledge)

Nah, there's other space stations listed so the Death Star should count, which is really a warship anyway because it can travel from planet to planet.

Doesn't matter though, the Saturn V Booster Rocket would kick all their asses. The bigger they are, the harder they fall to the Saturn V.

Not to mention that some of the Extended Universe empire starships are well over 100km in length. Like the Sovereign and Eclipse

what about the star-trek ships? the borg cube has to be pretty big!

Scratch that, just saw the puny romulan warbird and had a second look - borg cube is puny against the SSD :(
i'm glad the lexx is so big, but wheres the wing commander stuff?

anyway, there used to be a cap-ship comparison chart around - think i have a copy at home somewhere

Nah, there's other space stations listed so the Death Star should count, which is really a warship anyway because it can travel from planet to planet.

So would Unicron in that case :p

I'm now officially blind after trying to study that chart.

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on Star Wars ship classes, but I really fall on my face when it comes to figuring out the myriad of Calamari Cruisers. It seems there are so many explanations and guesses, it is difficult to discern fact from fiction.

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on Star Wars ship classes, but I really fall on my face when it comes to figuring out the myriad of Calamari Cruisers. It seems there are so many explanations and guesses, it is difficult to discern fact from fiction.

I'm only recently recovering my taste for expanded Star Wars after some years away from it (I've worked my way back to comic books... novels are still terrifying), but my take back in the day was that it was a case of a neat original backstory (the Mon Calamaris make unique organic spacecraft and no two are the same) slamming head-first into that brand of WE NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY EVERYTHING IN AS SPECIFIC AND BROADLY APPLICABLE TERMS element of supernerdery that people eventually outgrow.

Heh - I now feel compelled to point out that my S*S question on the Lexington results only from the fact that S*S did such a good job of resolving so many other questions - it was not meant to be nit-picking or otherwise negative in any way... :D

As for Calamari Cruisers, this fan site I discovered will make your head hurt. The research this person did is interesting - there might be more variants or designs of a CC than perhaps any other sci-fi ship... http://www.theforce.net/swtc/mcc.html

Back