Sim Mission 5

FleeBalls

Spaceman
Has anyone scored more than 20 kill on mission 5 in the sim? I've tried all different kinds of approaches. Maybe I'm destroying the cruiser to quickly and I should let more cats out to play....?

Ive been playing at level 3, using the morningstar, sabre and crossbow. I end up with the same killscore every time. I'm looking for a different approach, since I play the simulator all the time...some secret feature were discussed earlier, and I'm trying to figure out what they are...I'm also trying to figure out if i get the same wingmen in every mission. 20 kills tops though, for mission 5..

difficulty settings

I thought it might be....that was a stroke of genius. The only "problem" i see with the 1,2,3 settings is the inconsistency. Several missions are more difficult on the first level than an alternate mission is on level 3. And the mission number (1, 2, 3...10) seems to have no bearing on mission difficulty. This is only an observation, not a complaint, as I actually prefer things to be like that as opposed to having everything neatly ordered and lack any element of surprise. The simulator only is worth playing the game- It's like a dream come true to be able to pilot all those fighters from WC2. Standoff kicks ass.

You can probably credit the inconsistency to the different programming styles of each of our coders, and to the fact that the difficulty selection was kind of an afterthought. :p

Originally, Tango included it in his missions just because he thought it'd be cool... we hadn't planned anything like it or anything... anyway, then the rest of us agreed that it was indeed cool (not that we're a democracy, mind you ;)) and then decided to extend the feature to all the missions.

Standoff is (no joke) in its current state...one of my favorite games...it will undoubtably be my all-time favorite upon its completion....I'm kinda cashing out the simulator, you wouldn't believe the replay value I've gotten outta that thing...there's been no news on standoff in three weeks, and i check the website for progress daily, is no news good news in this case or are you guys taking a break after episode 2?

Oh, we've very much been working, don't worry. Not going to go into any details, but things are looking good for episode 3, progress-wise.

Yes, we've been making good progress, there should be a website update about it this weekend or so.

FleeBalls said:
Standoff is (no joke) in its current state...one of my favorite games...it will undoubtably be my all-time favorite upon its completion....I'm kinda cashing out the simulator, you wouldn't believe the replay value I've gotten outta that thing...there's been no news on standoff in three weeks, and i check the website for progress daily, is no news good news in this case or are you guys taking a break after episode 2?

Yes, we've been working very hard. The music for Episode 3 is more than half complete I'd say, and once I get the materials I need to finish it, it'll be about 1-2 hours of work to finish about 90% of it. The last 10%'ll be a little bit more difficult, but shouldn't cause any delays this time.

for mi music is realy important in a game, so I can whait a lot if the delay is music, Needaham45 I really like to hear you version of the WC2 torpido Lock Music, I hope there is a Space in the game for it, and I really like to hear more Needaham45 original music on Standoff

There will be a lot more original stuff to come, don't worry. And the WC2 Torpedo Lock is already in the game (if we're talking about the same piece). Its the music that plays when there's only an enemy capship at the nav during episodes 1 and 2.

And I'm also hoping to keep delay to a minimum. I'm glad you're willing to accept it, but no one likes a delay :p

Back