Shotglass' Lego Bar Just the Beginning (January 25, 2011)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Mr. Lee's combined two of his biggest hobbies into one beautiful art form. He's recreated the Tiger's Claw bar with Lego bricks. It's really detailed and well done. As clever as this setup turned out, it's not the end of his project! The plan is to recreate a number of scenes from Wing Commander 1 and make a comic-style story out of the settings. We can't wait to see how this turns out!

My name is Marcus and I'm from Germany. I'm a great Fan from all Wing Commander games, but I love WC 1 and WC 2.

I will make all the locations of the TCS Tiger's Claw with LEGO bricks. When I have finished the locations and sequences, I will make a Wing Commander LEGO comic strip based on the story with many gags.

I will give you a first picture of my project. You see the bar of the Tiger's Claw with the brick-characters of Shotglass, Hunter and Col. Halcyon.

Greetings,
Marcus aka "Mr. Lee"

--
Original update published on January 25, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing work! I'd love to see some "behind the scenes" shots of the whole diorama setup, but that would spoil the illusion ;)

Oh, to have the time to do a Lego stop-motion movie in that....

Awesome--now get Traveler's Tales working on a LEGO Wing Commander game... :)

(Not as crazy as it sounds--Erin Roberts and the Privateer 2 team are actually behind a number of those LEGO games! They're working on LEGO Clone Wars now...)

Lego Crew Heads to the Hangar (January 30, 2011)

Mr. Lee has more awesome Lego art to show off. The first image is an example of the comic adventure that Marcus plans to make. That's clever use of a Lego prop there. The second shot shows a very well done medal ceremony scene. Even the floor paneling and spotlights are right on!

--
Original update published on January 30, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow.. somehow I missed that this was intended for a comic also.. very nice project! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Back