Ships Stats :)

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
Hello.

Well,there are some strange things in the Ships Stats in the Standoff page....

Rapier,Epee and some ships have 100/100/100 Pitch,Yaw,Roll deg/sec ! Hey ! Is that a mistake huh ?This cant be possible....

Eder ??

Only the Rapier and the Epee. I've just checked their stats in the WC2 manual... 100/100/100 dps is correct for both. Of course, the manuals for WC1 and 2 claimed that fighters actually turned at one tenth of their actual rates, but I don't recall the Rapier taking 36 seconds to turn, so 100 sounds more reasonable than 10 dps ;).

But !We are talking about Degrees here!Thats impossible....In 1 second turn more than 90 ??......Well.....maybe.....but its very fast...!!

Why not? The UE Epee turns at 120 dps, and nobody complained about it being too fast :). And the Vampire in SO has a pitch rate of 140 dps.

It's not impossible, the stats on the site are correct... it may seem strange, but it's just because of what Q just said - in the WC2 manual, the dps rates were divided by 10.

I'm fairly sure there are some weird things on the stats for ships' armor and shield ratings, though, but that's because I got some of them directly from the game (and not from the manuals), I think :)

--Eder

Well, actually, some of the shield and armour stats seem to have come out of nowhere :p. Now I know why those bloody Sartha are impossible to kill in Standoff :p.

Oh, yeah. All Kilrathi shields are doubled since they were too easy to kill with their original stats.

--Eder

Of course they will prove a challenge... they'll have half a dozen nearly-invincible carriers flying around :D

--Eder

Originally posted by Quarto
Only the Rapier and the Epee. I've just checked their stats in the WC2 manual... 100/100/100 dps is correct for both. Of course, the manuals for WC1 and 2 claimed that fighters actually turned at one tenth of their actual rates, but I don't recall the Rapier taking 36 seconds to turn, so 100 sounds more reasonable than 10 dps ;).

You're wrong . . . the Rapier II actually clocks in at 120 DPS, if you time in in WCII . . .

Are you sure? IIRC, the 100 dps value can be confirmed by hacking apart the game's data files themselves (unlike some other values found in the manual, which were different in-game)...

--Eder

Timing a fighter's rotation is not likely to be completely accurate... 100 dps is the data the game has stored inside, so 100dps is what the ship does.

Originally posted by Unregistered
You're wrong . . . the Rapier II actually clocks in at 120 DPS, if you time in in WCII . . .

Mmmm....the Wc3/Wc4 ships are rolling very very slow....in game
Maybe there is something with the Engine,but they dont agree with the actuall stats.....

What's important is that the Rapiers can outfly mostly any Kilrathi ship... and the Firekka's Rapiers will wreak more havoc in Standoff than Bear's Rapiers did in End Run. :D

--Eder

Thank God,you like Rapier!Hellcat and Rapier2 are ma favorites....
Are you sure you dont want some hellcats in Standoff ?? :p

OK kidding..

BTW ,why Raptor is only a Sim only Ship...... :( ?

The same reason as the Broadsword - it's too big to fit onboard a CVE. You wanna fly off a CVE, you gotta pay the price :).

...And if you don't wanna fly off a CVE... too bad :p.

Well yeah, it's 36 metres long... that's the same length as the Broadsword. I don't know if it physically can't fit inside the hangar or if it would simply take up too much space, but either way, the CVEs' limited space prevents them from using such big ships.

Back