Select ships and equipment in Standoff

Hi,

I just started to play standoff and flew two or three missions.
Is there a way to select your ship and equipment/weapons in Standoff?
This Stiletto with its Massdrivers suck...

Martini Doctor said:
Hi,

I just started to play standoff and flew two or three missions.
Is there a way to select your ship and equipment/weapons in Standoff?
This Stiletto with its Massdrivers suck...
There isn't a way to select ship or equipment (unless it gives you the option after breifing which only happens on cerin missions). Have you tried flying the stiletto with full guns off (so it shoud say "massdriver" not "full guns") From my experience with Unknown Enemy the massdriver can work really well when full guns is off if it's the only gun on the ship as it has a fast rate of fire and does quite a bit of damage (full guns will have the dmage but the rate of fire slows down too much and by then the target will have regained some of it's sheilds). If you are deperate for different ship or equipment (and this may not work or may ruin the game) use WCPedit! However you will need to use Tremanager to access the ship in WCPedit so it's not the bother!

No indeed, there is no way to select ships and equipment in Standoff, except where we allow you to :p. There is one mission in episode one where you get to select a ship (though, as far as I know, nobody outside of the team has ever picked the Gladius... too bad for them :p ). There are no such missions in episode two, but you'll be happy to know there's a few such missions in episode three. Of course, in all cases you only select the ship - there is no way to change the equipment, ever.

(and I personally consider that a good thing - WC1/2 ships had more character than WC3/4 ships precisely because you didn't always fly with the particular missile type that you like)

scottandfiddle said:
There isn't a way to select ship or equipment (unless it gives you the option after breifing which only happens on cerin missions). Have you tried flying the stiletto with full guns off (so it shoud say "massdriver" not "full guns")
This doesn't actually make a difference in Standoff - it did when episode one was first released, but episode two included a patch that reduced the refire rate (normally, in WCP, the refire rate for two guns is the combined refire rate of the two guns, while in other WC games and in Standoff, the refire rate for two guns is exactly the same as the refire rate for one gun).

Quarto said:
This doesn't actually make a difference in Standoff - it did when episode one was first released, but episode two included a patch that reduced the refire rate (normally, in WCP, the refire rate for two guns is the combined refire rate of the two guns, while in other WC games and in Standoff, the refire rate for two guns is exactly the same as the refire rate for one gun).

Damn! and I really liked the Ferret in Unknowen Enemy due to the fact the unless full guns was on it's massdriver had great ROF a well as damage and it did't drain quickly like the viper cannon! Dame you dirty apes for making that patch! then again I'm having troubles with my Standoff so I wouldn't off known about the fullguns off thing not working!
p.s. the damn dirty apes thing just came into my mind! I still respect you WC standoff guys!

scottandfiddle said:
Damn! and I really liked the Ferret in Unknowen Enemy due to the fact the unless full guns was on it's massdriver had great ROF a well as damage and it did't drain quickly like the viper cannon! Dame you dirty apes for making that patch! then again I'm having troubles with my Standoff so I wouldn't off known about the fullguns off thing not working!
I don't think you quite understand - full guns now have the same great ROF as a single gun would. It does mean you use up your energy faster... but damage potential goes up through the roof.

(of course, the same is also true for the enemy - those three-laser Drakhri used to be mildly annoying, now they're bloody dangerous :))

Quarto said:
I don't think you quite understand - full guns now have the same great ROF as a single gun would. It does mean you use up your energy faster... but damage potential goes up through the roof.

(of course, the same is also true for the enemy - those three-laser Drakhri used to be mildly annoying, now they're bloody dangerous :))
Ohhhh. I definetly take back the damn you bit then! damn now I wish I could fix that problem with my comp so I can play WC Standoff!

The only real problem I have with Standoff is that you have to face two to three times as many enemies as in WC2 using the same six or eight missiles--it's frustrating having only 2 heatseekers and 2 torps as your loadout in a Gladius when there's twenty enemy fighters.

Now, on to the Stiletto. The Stiletto performs basically like a Ferret with 50% more armor, an extra pair of heatseekers, and ITTS. I just think of it as being the next step above the Ferret. I guess if you really want you can use WCPEdit to swap the Mass Drivers for Particle Cannons on your own computer...

Ijuin said:
I guess if you really want you can use WCPEdit to swap the Mass Drivers for Particle Cannons on your own computer...
But if you do that, a new neat Standoff feature will be disabled in Ep3; you'd better get used to the ships as they are without cheating their stats !

Back