Secret ops on vista, joystick doesn't work

Romale23

1st Lieutenant
1st let me say i spent a while searching for a solution so if i missed something i apologize.
I'm using vista64
Basically i really want to replay secret ops, downloaded the highres patch glide wrapper, the updated installer, the opengl patch.

installed the game, set it into compat mode for windows 98, set the joystick to default to on older games (its a saitek sub cheapo joystick with rudder/hat/throttle)

i hit calibrate joystick out of habbit, of course it doesn't work like that in vista, so i went back to the game controller and calibrated it, and basicaly i get nada, nothing out of it ingame.

The closest thing i found searching was that some usb joysticks dont work in secret ops? i dont really get that if its a default joystick profile for windows but thats only thing i found and was wondering if anyone knew anything on how to make this work

welp, turns out in an idiot, i have a left hand keyboard thing for other games it basically even though you tell windows to default to the joystick it doesn't and that thing worked, i didn't think of it till just now so if anyone else is ever a stupid as i was heres the solution

Back