Secret Missions 1.5?

Triple-B

Rear Admiral
I just found the Secret Missions 1.5 in the wcpedia.

Is this a fan made mission pack? Or just fan ficition?

I just found the Secret Missions 1.5 in the wcpedia.

Is this a fan made mission pack? Or just fan ficition?

It's part of Super Wing Commander (for Mac and 3DO), which, instead of SM2, contains a set of missions where the Tiger's Claw hunts down and destroys the shipyards that created the Sivar.

ah okay :) so it is indeed SM 1.5

edit: is there a complete "lets play video" of the SM 1.5?

Maybe, but I'm not aware of one. Super Wing Commander is very rare to find nowadays, and it's also rare (though perhaps less so for the Mac version) to find a system/console capable of running it.

FreeDO may be a possibility for such an endeavor, though.

I hope someone shows up with a youtube or vimeo link to prove me wrong.

I can't help with the "Let's Play"; I think I was just telling #WingNut last night that I find them the most mystifyingly boring phenomenon. I can barely get through a trailer, I want to play a game myself and not watch someone else do it!

I can shed some light on "Secret Missions 1.5"; first, that's just a name fans came up with... in Super Wing Commander it's not distinct from the other two campaigns, you just play straight through from Enyo to Goddard to it.

For all the talk of it being a 'lost' expansion I think people might be a little bit disappointed when they actually see it. It is all new missions and it has plenty of new dialog... but it was also written as a REPLACEMENT for Secret Missions 2 (supposedly because they didn't want Firekkans in the game.) As such, there's a lot of repetition wherever Secret Missions 2 needed to set things up for WC2 -- you still have Hobbes' defection, Bossman's death, Paladin's retirement, Spirit's fiancee's capture and so on. They're all told a little differently, but much of it is very familiar.

Maybe, but I'm not aware of one. Super Wing Commander is very rare to find nowadays, and it's also rare (though perhaps less so for the Mac version) to find a system/console capable of running it.

I think the 3DO version is a lot more common--they printed many, many more copies. There are plenty of unwanted 3DOs on the secondary market, too, so it's not an impossible expense if you really want to play this game (and you will also want WC3 3DO, which has all new missions too.)

The Macintosh port, though, is *better* in terms of control... and building an old Mac is very, very, very cheap... but a little awkward! (See the Bertha thread for that story.)

Back