Screenshots Release Thread

Maj.Striker said:
Wow, I don't remember the Morningstar looking so much like an F-15/Mig 29...
Hmm, I don't see much resemblance there. I do, on the other hand, think it resembles the 'MIG-31' Firefox :D.

C-ya

Attachments

• Firefox03.jpg
    Firefox03.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 329
  • Firefox04.jpg
    Firefox04.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 328
Starman© said:
Just a screenshots created in affect, while testing a new programmed mission.
This is 'external view' and shows you and your wingmate launching off your
home-carrier. I'm really thinking about modelling High-Res-Hangars for our
big carriers :D

Arrow-launch.jpg

Please do!

Seeing the ferrets from page 1 it is encouraging to know just how far we have come!

I don't suppose it is the same model, is it?

If shinemaps doesn't work on my card (Radeon 9700 Pro, Catalyst 4.6), or won't by the time this mod is done, I'm gonna have to commit collective suicide... That looks AWESOME!

Moonsword: One step ahead of you - I've been a "regular" (more like a regular lurker) there for a while. Catalyst 4.4 seems to be ok, so I'm back to those now. Just installed 'em.

overmortal: I love EVERYTHING with shinemaps! :) So, now I've got a reason to like Broadswords as well.

Actually, the engine trails look a little bit funky now, like they're not positioned correctly on the model... they seem to be causing some odd clipping problems with the back of the fighters...

The models themselves still look wicked sick, though. :p

Lise said:
Actually, the engine trails look a little bit funky now, like they're not positioned correctly on the model... they seem to be causing some odd clipping problems with the back of the fighters...

The models themselves still look wicked sick, though. :p

it is a problem in the code... when I take screenshots I make sure that this bug is not visible ;)

I take it bugs like this is what is holding the release up?

And what's the word on Hardware T&L, as was mentioned some months ago? Will WCS feature (or depend on) HT&L? Or per-pixel lighting?

This is assuming they're using FS2_Open (which they should be) so yes, HT&L is in it normally. In all the versions of the SCP builds (Source Code Project, the group working on the released source code to FS2 to enhance it, enabling things like autopilot) I've run across recently, HT&L is the default option.

You do NOT have to run in HTL mode in the current builds. It helps a lot if you can, as FS2_Open seems less stable in non-HTL mode in my experience and is considerably slower.

I have the misforune to be forced not to use HTL because my system's video chipset can't handle HTL.

Back