Sci-Fi Universe Magazine

TopGun

Vampire Ace
I was going through some of my old Mags the other day when I found my issue of Sci-Fi Universe (the only one I have, since it's a US mag, but I got it from a Sci-Fi shop in the UK, where I live), anyway this issue is the November 1994 issue and it's got a 2 Page Article on Wing Commander III. So I scanned the pages and here they are.

Note: For some reason in the article they say that Paladin is a Klirathi :D

the quote is "Set in the year 2654, Wing Commander III centers on Col. Christopher Blair (Hamil), a verteran pilot who's seen his share of victories and defeats against the intractable Kilrathi (one of whom-Paladin-is voiced by Rhys-Davies)"

Well they probably got Paladin mixed-up for Prince Thrakhath nar Kiranka (voiced by Rhys-Davies)

Enjoy

PS I've got bigger Versions on the Pics, so Chris if you want me to send it to you

Attachments

• WC III Sci-Fi1a.JPG
    WC III Sci-Fi1a.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 118
  • WC III Sci-Fi2a.JPG
    WC III Sci-Fi2a.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 120
It seems, Mark Hamill did a better figure on WC III than in these stage shots. Hm, alcohol is destructive...

Malar said:
It seems, Mark Hamill did a better figure on WC III than in these stage shots. Hm, alcohol is destructive...

Old age will catch up with you too one day.

Thanks for posting the scans, TopGun!

I'd never really thought about just how old Chris Roberts was at the time, when he was directing the shoot for WC3 -- the article mentions that he was only 26. It seems that EA gave him quite a bit of creative control for what was then such an expensive and potentially risky venture.

Cheers,

BrynS

Edfilho said:
Just because Blair may get boozed in WC3, it doesn't mean that Hamill is a drunkard :)

I don't want to contradict you, but I was just refering to some pictures LeHah once posted ironically here on the forums, if I remember correctly. :eek:

Hey, you may contradict me at will. I'm wrong, sometimes. :) I didn't know/remeber those pics. Any idea where thye are?

Don't forget that Mark Hamill was involved in a Car Crash, just before fliming of A New Hope Ended

Are there any scenes in A New Hope where the physical damage inflicted by the car accident is visible?

I thought that the accident occurred in the interval between A New Hope and Empire? Wasn't the whole "Hoth ice-cave, creature attack" at the beginning of the film crafted to explain Luke's (Hamill's) facial scars so that the audience wouldn't question them throughout the film?

Cheers,

BrynS

What I heard is that they had to use a Double for the last scenes shot in A New Hope (mostly in the X-Wing in the Trench Run), But that may not be ture. Accordiing to the IMDB, Hamill had the Car Crash in December 1976 . But yeah the Wompa Attack was created to explain the Scares. Just like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, they explained Harrison Fords (and of course Indy's) scare above his chin, by having the young Indy (Played by River Phoenix) crack the Whip for the first time and cut his face

Theres a ton of stories involving the accident but Hamill has said they've all been played up. He was on wet pavement and got into a single car accident and wasn't wearing a seat belt.

^Thanks for the info, TopGun!

Excuse my ignorance, but I didn't realise that Harrison Ford had an injury that required a "cover scene" as it were, in one of his film roles. Was he in a car accident as well?

Cheers,

BrynS

Apparently it was

I think they just felt that it would be good to show how Indy was inexperinced with the whip the first time he used it

Edfilho said:
Hey, you may contradict me at will. I'm wrong, sometimes. :) I didn't know/remeber those pics. Any idea where thye are?

"The only force I need is right here in this bottle of Wild Turkey"

Attachments

• drunkskywalker.jpg
    drunkskywalker.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 144
Back