Saving Flint on Crazy Diff

Szegedin

Spaceman
I'm sure many of you have played through WC3 on nightmare, but I'm getting my legs under me on Crazy due to a prolonged absence from WC.

So it took me maybe four attempts in a T-Bolt to save flint and drag her back for a tongue lathering or whatever.

In all the walkthroughs I've read about this mission, - it seems like the enemy complements that can appear at any of the search points are pretty much set in stone. Which group you get is random, but the groups themselves are always the same.

In my first attempt I found Flint at the second NAV point I flew to, after an encounter at the first point I visited, though I can't remember which group it was exactly - no vaktoths or cap ships though...dralthi and darkets I suppose.

When I found Flint I helped take down the darkets, anticipating another wing of darkets upon their destruction and finally a pair of vaktoths. But after taking out two groups of darkets, 4 dralthi showed up - after killing them a wing of 4 darkets came, after killing them 3 dralthi and a corvette showed up, after killing them(!) 4 dralthi showed up! that's when I bought it, my 'burners were dry and my decoys long gone....I lost the will to continue.

It was IMPOSSIBLE, it was like all the possible groups you can encounter at the search points were showing up to party. Ridic man has anyone seen that happen before?

On my successful attempt I got to scene only slightly beat up after two encounters at previous search points. I took out two darkets then ordered flint to attack the cruiser while I locked the torpedo I'd saved, I let fly and Flint finished the cruiser off, by that point her FF swarm had killed one of the remaining darkets (I think my turret got the other) and the second wing showed up, we wasted them then the vaktoths appeared on schedule, we put them down then beat it back to the victory. She was undamaged I was sucking vacuum from the holes in my canopy...

Does destroying the cruiser have something to do with the enemies that appear? I'm still curious why so many enemies showed up around the cruiser on my earlier attempt....

Kinda wish there was a difficulty setting in between Hard and Crazy...but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

So it took me maybe four attempts in a T-Bolt to save flint and drag her back for a tongue lathering or whatever.

Lathering is what happens when you rub soap on yourself in the shower. Now, I do know people who like the taste of soap, but lathering someone's tongue is the kind of thing my parents did if they cought me swearing. You mean tongue *lashing* which implies that you are whipping the person with words.

Something that ought to be mentioned is that I believe you are set up to fly through all the search points by default. When you find Flint you should reset your nav to the Victory unless you particularly like killing randomly generated Kilrathi.

Something that ought to be mentioned is that I believe you are set up to fly through all the search points by default. When you find Flint you should reset your nav to the Victory unless you particularly like killing randomly generated Kilrathi.

Yeah, I always set the waypoint for the victory - too much risk in getting the extra kills,

Lathering is what happens when you rub soap on yourself in the shower. Now, I do know people who like the taste of soap, but lathering someone's tongue is the kind of thing my parents did if they cought me swearing. You mean tongue *lashing* which implies that you are whipping the person with words.

by lathering I was referring to the vicious tongue-ing Blair can give Flint later on....I considered 'Tongue Lathing' as in worked over with a bizarre flesh lathe....

Both are plays on lashing anyway,

I remember a similar turn of phrase used to critique Blair's moves in the original CGW review of WC3 I read when I was in gradeschool...

Back