"Satellite Shuffle" unpopular?

Ironduke

Spaceman
It occured to me that, whenever I searched for mp matches in the last few weeks, I never saw anyone playing the capture-the-flag-like "Satellite Shuffle." I regularly notice bear-pit and capship matches, though... Is it just because I'm in a time zone where not much people are actually playing Arena (same with Carcassonne here, btw), or is it really that unpopular? :confused:

The satellite game does seem to be the least popular - I usually prefer to play it with people I know, so it can be a little laid back...

I think another reason as well is that they can be over rather quickly. Once one team controls 9 satellites the game ends. It could have really used a round system, I think that would improve its popularity immensely.

The few times I was online, I never saw one as well. I even hosted one once and nobody joined and since people can't see who hosts (or can they) I suppose that Satelite was the reason and not my person. But I didn't wait for too long, I have to admit.

The host shows up for player match games and not for ranked games.

I just don't think very many people know what to do in the satellite mode or they're not very good at docking. I think they're great once in a while.

The host shows up for player match games and not for ranked games.

I just don't think very many people know what to do in the satellite mode or they're not very good at docking. I think they're great once in a while.

Docking can be a pain because of those two nubs that are right near the docking port. I've often gotten stuck on them for a bit. I do enjoy playing it with friends, I again just wish it was round based instead of just a single game.

I never even had the chance to check it out myself. Maybe we can do a little shuffle later on, during the countdown to the birthday party...? ;)
I'll probably be online one or two hours before the party starts. Gotta get some sleep until then, though... (Damn time zones!) :D

I never even had the chance to check it out myself. Maybe we can do a little shuffle later on, during the countdown to the birthday party...? ;)
I'll probably be online one or two hours before the party starts. Gotta get some sleep until then, though... (Damn time zones!) :D

Sounds like a plan to me. I got out of work an hour early today for no reason (not complaining!) so I'm already ready to go...

Back