Saga Explosions

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
I know I've said this before, but I have to say, I watched the 4 cruisers duke it out at the end of the Prologue... just wow! When that Cat cruiser goes down, the explosions are without a doubt the best I've seen in any game. Although, has anyone noticed that unless you are really far away, its impossible to watch the entire explosion as the shock wave ALWAYS knocks you away?

I kind of like the shockwaves. It made the explosions genuinely dangerous. In other Wing Commander games, you can destroy any ship at point-blank range and get away with it (with the possible exception of the Vesuvius if you choose to destroy it with missiles instead of using the Flash-Pak).

I kind of like the shockwaves. It made the explosions genuinely dangerous. In other Wing Commander games, you can destroy any ship at point-blank range and get away with it (with the possible exception of the Vesuvius if you choose to destroy it with missiles instead of using the Flash-Pak).

No I do like that too, but it just drives me nuts trying to watch the awesome pyrotechnics and having the wave push my view in the other direction.

I kind of like the shockwaves.

We made several changes related to shockwave/explosions. First: the shockwave is orange now. Second: explosions look so much better now than in the Prologue (or the latest release of SCP, for instance) because Saga is using a custom set of shaders. I'll try to make a few pictures on my next play through.

Back