RSI Campaign Down to Last Two Days (November 17, 2012)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Money continues to pour into Chris Roberts' crowdfunding campaign as it enters its final 48 hour run. More than $250,000 has been raised in just the last 18 hours, which has pushed the project into unprecedented territory. The Star Citizen Kickstarter will reach $1.5 million shortly, and the combined total at Roberts Space Industries will soon pass $4.3 million.

Details have been released on how the contribution drive will end. From a temporary headquarters in Austin, Texas, a 24-hour livestream will follow Chris Roberts and team through the final hours. There will be additional Origin and Wing Commander guests taking part as well, so tune in!

The next big milestone for the game will come at $4.5 million, when all Kickstarter stretch goals and a handful of new features unlock. These include a playable destroyer ship, a new base and race, and support for fancy flight chairs, multiple monitors, and other cockpit style interfaces. Finally, a mega goal of $5.5 million has just been set - at that point, the Bengal class carrier will become a playable ship! (for those hardcore enough to earn it!)

--
Original update published on November 17, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the asking for money is getting a bit out of hand in these last hours but it was to be expected. The problem is, the RSI site is often down, it's rather difficult to up my pledge...

It might seem out of hands... but it's also effective! They made $450,000 just yesterday! It'll be interesting to see what today's take is with the new website troubles.

$5 million! Just wow, so am I reading this right, there's only one more stretch goal to go?

I am floored....I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell of the project making five large, not with just two days left.

I wonder what'll happen if they actually do hit six million?

It was secret when the project was launched, unless I'm mistaken. The update at 5.5 million (!) said 100 systems, a full score, and......I don't have it in front of me; there was something else.

Just logged on to check what I missed when I went to bed last night, WOW!!!!!!!! $5.6 million!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry if this has been brought up somewhere else. I am assuming there will be a community fleet/guild. Where do I sign up? :) I know we have a ways to go, but you can never be too prepared.

Wasn't there something about Nathan Fillon doing voice over?

Anyway, I could at least up my pledge by 25 $ via KS for a T-Shirt. Too bad about the Vanduul fighter, I would have liked one. But even if I got through, 300 $ might have been too much anyway.

Back