Room Making

Winnyfred

Rear Admiral
I read your ever so detailed editing section about "Gameflow editing". I saw two things that interested me:
1.) Ability to make rooms
2.) Ability to play movies in the room

Question 1, is it possible to make a room (such as the rec room) go from a quiet place, to a filled room with people, and everything for just one mission (like a birthday party type deal, with a bunch of people inside.) My other question is how can you add movies into the game??? I would love to use this to throw like birthday parties for the crew, and you talk to some people, or just sit down have a talk with other characters (tech officer, friends, crew members, etc.)

1) Yes, you can do this. You just need to make a hotspot, and have player click on it to change rooms.

2) Yes, talking to characters is the very last section of the tutorial.

I've got a way to extract gameflow iffs, but it's not up yet. But in the mean time, I'd say taking a screenshot would be easiest, or better yet, create your own artwork. There's always google images, plus some creative photo editing.

Can you get a Prophecy Rec Room screenshot? That would be nice, fill the rec room one mission empty it the next.

Umm, you're welcome to. Sorry, I'm not in the habit of gathering artwork for other people's mods, I'm a programmer.

You can Printscreen just about everything in Prophecy - space flight, ship scenes, movies, credits, etc.

Yeah, I have made a toon of screenshots from SO. It is just a pity I can't take them for WC3. I have to resort to a cell-phone picture to even send to a modeler a picture to model the room from. :(

Yeah, I have made a toon of screenshots from SO. It is just a pity I can't take them for WC3. I have to resort to a cell-phone picture to even send to a modeler a picture to model the room from. :(
Eh? With dozens of screengrabbing programs like Fraps out there, you can't get WC3 shots because of the lack of a built-in screengrabbing feature? Did you even try to look? :p

Yeah, you can even make videos of all DOS WC games, including WC3, automatically with DOSBox. You can Printscreen anything to the clipboard as well. Don't take pictures of your monitor with your cell phone.

The printscreen program on my computer though won't even take a "clipboard" picture and I haven't really felt energetic enough to go and something that would work. It is also not that important. Anywho...

After you press Printscreen in DOSBox, you can paste the clipboard contents straight into MS Paint and save it as a gif/jpg/png.

Back