Ringtones/Midi's

Originally posted by Wedge009
I'm sorry, but mobile phone ringtones are one of the worst inventions of mankind - even if it's a tune I know and like, the tinny beeps just annoy me and many others no end. I beg of you people with mobiles to keep the ring volumes down out of consideration for others, or better yet, use the vibration thingy or whatever.
Nice to see I'm not the only one who hates the damn things :).

Everything is a fashion accessory now a days. Its the way you get people to buy shit they don't need. You can also add to this by making people think they need it. For example PDAs.

Though I admit I can think of some uses for a PDA: burning time in lectures and storing take out menus cause you never know when you'll need one.

Everythign is a fashion accesory. The other night at a jazz band rehersal someone told me that my sax went perfectly with my black shirt - made a nice contrast. Then asked me if I did it intentionally. It's pretty sad.

How similar is a sax to flute? In terms of fingering?

Perhaps a good accessory is what Maniac needs to get more women ...

They're actually pretty close. Flute and sax I think are the closest in relation out of all the woodwinds. There are only a few different things in the normal registers, and as is always the case, in the upper registers, figerings are different for each instrument (slight relations exist, but not significant). Out of all the woodwinds I play, I find that clarinet is the hardest in terms of fingering, however, each instrument has it's own things that make it more difficult than others. For more info on fingering for teh flute and sax (including some very good altissimo note fingerings), go to http://www.wfg.woodwind.org/

Originally posted by TopGun
Whenever I am in one of the Uni's Comp Lab's I put my Phone on Slient
I wish there were more like you. Seems like the comp labs at my uni are a telephone exchange sometimes.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Mobile phones? They're a fashion accessory aren't they?
Well, that's another thing I hate about them. Everywhere I go people are fiddling with them to pass time, sending messages or whatever. What's wrong with talking to the people right next to you?! Although I still hate ringtones more.

Cool Needaham :D

For you phone hating people out there. Get a phone, tell all your phone loving friends! But leave your phone off! Pisses off quite a few!

What are you talking about? I asked to keep the ringtone's down/off. I have a phone that's always off anyway, it's only for emergency use.

Back