Ringtones/Midi's

Happy

Spaceman
while looking through my old midi files for a good ring tone, i got the idea to use WC midi's.
but i was just wondering if anybody else had the idea to use WC midi for ringtones, if so which one or what?
or basically what is ur fav. WC midi?
 

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
I made myself a WC1 theme ringtone in my Erricson,but I lost it :p

Its not hard to make.If I have time and do it again,Ill post it ;)
 

Needaham45

Spaceman
I've been trying to make ringtones on my phone, but the instructions on how to do it in the manual are all wrong :(

It's a motorola, if anyone knows how to program it, please let me know.
 

cff

Kilk'dymga'qith laq Ik'vikvi
Originally posted by TopGun
Where did you get your Ringtones?

Taking a MIDI file, listening to each of the tracks separately to find the main melody. Convert that one to just beeping. Get rid of all polyphonic notes by trial and error while keeping the sound the same. Type in the remaining tones. Correct as needed if a single tone sounds aweful. Some of TheFraix's work skipped the last step and sounded bad on my device.

Took me quite some time, but then I am an absolute non-music talent.
 

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
Originally posted by Happy
while looking through my old midi files for a good ring tone, i got the idea to use WC midi's.
but i was just wondering if anybody else had the idea to use WC midi for ringtones, if so which one or what?
or basically what is ur fav. WC midi?

One of my faves would have to be one that plays during the missions in WC1 and 2. If you have the midi packs from Wedge's web site, it's Wc1mid17 from WC1 and Wc2mid17 from...you got it, WC2. My least favourite is the music that plays when you lose the game, Wc1mid35 or Wc2-27. Nothing had spooked me as much as that did before and I doubt that anything had since. If you have the SNES WC, then there's a cheat where you can select what mission you want, turn on invinvibility and listen to the music and sound effects. At the title, hit BABYBYLARA.

And since Wild Weasel brought it up, what's with daring people to scan your ports? Is it to crash people's computers or something?
 

WildWeasel

Spaceman
Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
And since Wild Weasel brought it up, what's with daring people to scan your ports? Is it to crash people's computers or something?

The joke is in the IP that he gave. 127.0.0.1 will loop the signal back to the sender's computer.
 

TheFraix

Vice Admiral
Nice to have my name mention.

It's been roughly a year since my Nokia 3330 was stolen (along with three WC ringtones) and since then I've been using a Siemens C35i.

For those who do not know, the C35i's melody composer awfully sucks, as editting the tones are tiresome, and it can only save one melody at a time.

But if the opportunity arrives, I'd like make some more WC ringtones.
 

ace

Pepper's Keeper - Administrator
Originally posted by TopGun
Does any one know where I can get Sheet Music for the WC Themes?

If you can read sheet music you should be able to make your own, no?
 

TC

SubCrid
Originally posted by ace
If you can read sheet music you should be able to make your own, no?

Or you could be lazy and open the midi files in a music composition program!
 

ace

Pepper's Keeper - Administrator
Originally posted by TC
Or you could be lazy and open the midi files in a music composition program!

Don't defeat my attempts at degenerating the conversation into a pointless musical debate where I can showcase my superiority and feel especially good about myself!
 
Top