Richard Garriot officiates first space wedding

Attention?

Hehe, yeah, but there's got to be a better way than spending the supposedly most important day of your life floating randomly around in a plane.

If you can find a woman who will marry you in the vomit comet in a ceremony officiated by the king of Brittania, you latch on and you never, ever let go.

The idea of riding an airplane that periodically dives straight for the ground is interesting to me. Marriage, on the other hand...

Marriage is a lot like an airplane flying in parabolic arcs; the first couple of times, you're going to throw up on Lord British.

Why would anyone even want to marry in zero gravity?

Why would anyone want to marry underwater? Why would anyone want to marry while dressed as Star Wars/Star Trek/What-have-you characters? Why do we do anything? Because we can.

I'm having something of a traditional wedding, but early on it was posited by my fiance that we all get swords. I was for that originally, but the cost is a little prohibitive and the idea got scrapped. However, seeing my bride with a sword would've been awesome. :D

Why would anyone want to marry underwater? Why would anyone want to marry while dressed as Star Wars/Star Trek/What-have-you characters? Why do we do anything? Because we can.

I'm having something of a traditional wedding, but early on it was posited by my fiance that we all get swords. I was for that originally, but the cost is a little prohibitive and the idea got scrapped. However, seeing my bride with a sword would've been awesome. :D

Hehe, yeah, if you want to do something special with your wedding that's pretty awesome. :)

This whole zero-g thing is just... I don't know. I'm probably just being cynical.

Hehe, yeah, if you want to do something special with your wedding that's pretty awesome. :)

This whole zero-g thing is just... I don't know. I'm probably just being cynical.

You're not. I'm also a traditionalist. My girl and I "IF" we get married, it'll be in a Boston church... the only non-traditional thing we're doing is having the reception at the upstairs ballroom at cheers, and then an after party at the Aud Sod pub.

It was actually kind of funny, she rolled her eyes at some of it, but her mother was like, "You're planning on marrying a southie Irish boy, you have to expect this kind of thing."

It was actually kind of funny, she rolled her eyes at some of it, but her mother was like, "You're planning on marrying a southie Irish boy, you have to expect this kind of thing."

You live in Southie? A bunch of my coworkers are from there. Sounds like an interesting town - as long as you don't park in someone's marked spot on the street once they dig their car out after a snow storm.

EDIT - Worst sentence ever, but alas it's Friday afternoon...

There's a website where you can get good looking swords really cheap, if the moderators don't mind me giving you the address.

www.kultofathena.com

They've got everything, pretty much, from wall-hangers to "battle ready". Maybe that'll help.

Back