Requesting correct Model-Credits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viper61 said:
I'd like to release a statement on the behalf of myself and the Saga members. To keep from further polluting the Reckonings forum, the statement is a link to a PDF (since releasing it in MSWord format may not allow everyone to view the document).

textisforlosers.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes a PDF is pretty awkward, though at 3 or so pages, it felt wrong to take up the Reckonings forum space with this statement. That seemed to leave text file, word document or pdf file. Since a text file wouldn't allow easy access to comments (quoting all of them would have made a long statement even longer) and not everyone has access to MSword, the pdf format seemed the most viable.

I don't know if "purposefully misreading (your) take on model credits" is an accurate way of looking at it. Just as Starmans original post, in an attempt to be precise in his language, came across as horrible and indignant, the "model/texture credit" comments you made LOAF came across to us the way they have been represented in our statment. Trying to get as much information as needed out in as little typing as possible through simple text is by no means the best way to get points across :).

As for "(not) seeing that (we've) done anything wrong", I don't think that is the case at all. We as Saga have been wrong on several instances in this situation, we've said as much and apologized profusely for each instance. There's no doubt in anyones mind that this whole situation could be handled better (ie we handled it very wrong), no doubt at all.

Everyone has to decide for themselves how to "spin" the comments posted from our internal board. I for one do not see how personal, private anger towards individuals translates into "complaining about/threatening other Wing Commander mods", but apparently you do.

I have already typed way more than I had originally intended to, and my previous comment leads well into how I initially wanted to repond.
One thing we do apparently agree on is that this is a smart community. I think now every member of the CZ has enough information from both this thread and the statement we have furnished (plus the follow-up comments) to make up their own minds about the situation and evaluate it for themselves.

C-ya

alrighty...just after reading the first line i knew i wouldn't be able to read this, largely in part due the fact that....my god guys, thats fucking retarded. woo! issuing a PDF statement, because we're all professional like and trying to show how....god damnit, i don't know. retarded just keeps coming to mind. i think you guys have pretty well killed my further interest in this project. to bad too, was looking forward to it. asses.

Brad Mick

Yes a PDF is pretty awkward, though at 3 or so pages, it felt wrong to take up the Reckonings forum space with this statement. That seemed to leave text file, word document or pdf file. Since a text file wouldn't allow hyperlinking (quoting all the comments would have made a long statement even longer) to comments and not everyone has access to MSword, the pdf format seemed the most viable.

So, then, it's not because you didn't want anyone to be able to quote you or so you could easily edit your statements without anyone noticing? I'm just not clear on why this couldn't have been one or two CZ posts.

As for "(not) seeing that (we've) done anything wrong", I don't think that is the case at all. We as Saga have been wrong on several instances in this situation, we've said as much and apologized profusely for each instance. There's no doubt in anyones mind that this whole situation could be handled better (ie we handled it very wrong), no doubt at all.

No, you haven't - which is the whole issue here. Every time we get an apology from you people you qualify it with ranting about how you'll never help other teams again or it's really all LOAFs fault. Or, even worse, there's a corresponding post at your private board sobbing about how you were *forced* to apologize. Re-read your PDF file (Adobe Acrobat required) -- a line or two about how maybe you made a mistake and then pages of ranting about how offended you are that I dare point out how awful you really act about your mod in "private".

Amen, to both Overmortal and LOAF on the stupidity front.

You yourself chastised us once for posting this whole argument on this forum, so I thought I'd be courteous to the Reckoning mod and not further fill up this thread.
You can copy the text from a PDF thats been converted in this manner (actually converted from a word file, not a scanned document) by pressing "T" and highlighting what you want to quote. It adds an extra step to the quoting process, but its still very possible.

Actually its a little less than a page on the comments pulled from the internal board. And, as I said before there's plenty of information for individuals to make their own decisions. What has been said is available for all to see in this thread.

C-ya

You yourself chastised us once for posting this whole argument on this forum, so I thought I'd be courteous to the Reckoning mod and not fill up their forum with two large posts.

Then you don't remotely understand what the problem you should be apologizing for is. No one in the universe is saying "I guess they should have taken this public, but only if they didn't do it in HTML!"

Thanks for the tip about copying the text. My name appears 18 times in your apology -- three-four times as many as any of the Saga members whose actions you should be apologizing for.

Can this thread be closed? I realize it's supposed to be up to the Reckoning modders, but, there's a distinct need for a mercy killing (IMHO).

I think that pretty well sums up both sides of this discussion right about now. I leave all this where it has always rested, up to individual CZ members to make their own judgements on what has transpired.

C-ya

Agreed.

EDIT: Thread re-open to permit reply to LOAF's message. I think we all need some sort of closure here, rather than letting these wounds fester.

Allright, that's fair. My "statement" is I still think you owe the community a real apology -- for starting this in the first place and now for pointlessly continuing it after the thread had died.

I know continuing to post here and gaining attention for your mod is exactly what you people want in the first place -- that's why we're continuing to have this debate days after it nominally ended... but I can't help it. You're attacking me personally now because I stood up for the little guy, and it stinks.

Go ahead and close it, Bob. We don't bear any kindof animosity towards LOAF and I hope he doesn't bear any towards us (longterm at least :) - though I don't know why you think we're personally attacking you, most of the "LOAF" mentions in the statement were either in a "credit" example or just because you were the one who brought up the point we wanted to clear up. We asked your motives for posting the personal thoughts of Saga members as attacks on the WC community and you defended yourself with a response. Pretty cut and dry to me.). We disagree on some issues. Its not the end of the world. Everyone whos followed this thread has an opinion on the matter and their mind is probably already made up, we are just the only ones still wasting bandwidth about it :D.

C-ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back