Relive The Kilrathi War's End (December 29, 2005)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Le_Ionisateur_Fou has created a video tribute to the mission that ended with the destruction of Kilrah. "Lancelot Flight" was pieced together from video included in the various versions of Wing Commander 3, so the resolution isn't very high, but it's edited well to cover Blair's last mission of the war. It begins with the introduction of the Temblor Bomb and Blair's treacherous run through the firey canyons on Kilrah. Ultimately the planet is destroyed, the Treaty of Torgo is signed and Blair finally gets a chance at peace. The accompanying music is a remix of "Godspeed" by Starfox. You can grab the 18 meg .wmv here.

The video shows the history of the Lancelot Flight, the attack on Kilrah and its consequences. I used HCl's wc movie player to extract videos. Each time I listened to "Godspeed" from Starfox, I thought it would be a great one for WC, so there it is now.

--
Original update published on December 29, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen the movie yet, but I bet the music is actually an amateur remix of "Corneria" from the game Star Fox, by The Wingless, titled "Godspeed". Just to give credit where it's due.

Anyhow, if that is the track that's used in the movie, it's bound to come off well since it starts off with a pre-flight checklist as if voiced by the ship's AI. :)

The movie is neatness.. although it'll always leave me wondering what happened to the vaktoth :p it probably wasn't fast enough.

Nice work. Good music, and good composition
Yep,I was wondering about the Vaktoth too. And I was wondering about one more thig: in the intro of Prophecy, we can see Kilrah as a lava+rocks ball in an asteroid belt, allthough in WC3 the planet entirely gets annihilated. Of course, when Prophecy started selling, no one remembered this, mostly cause the 1: half of the buyers never even heard about WC3 2: there was WC4 to wipe the memories of WC3. So no real problem there, just the Origin guys made a small mistake in continuity as it allways happens.

lorddarthvik said:
Yep,I was wondering about the Vaktoth too. And I was wondering about one more thig: in the intro of Prophecy, we can see Kilrah as a lava+rocks ball in an asteroid belt, allthough in WC3 the planet entirely gets annihilated. Of course, when Prophecy started selling, no one remembered this, mostly cause the 1: half of the buyers never even heard about WC3 2: there was WC4 to wipe the memories of WC3. So no real problem there, just the Origin guys made a small mistake in continuity as it allways happens.

The planet you test the T-Bomb on in WC3 is turned into little asteroid chunks. I'm sure that the reason this wasn't visually expounded was because of technical limitations and/or that wasn't the focus of the shot.

as for the planet,
each object in space has gravitational pull, te planet's parts simply pulled itself back in "formation" as good as possible, in the prophecy intro, it it has the effect of a broken eggshell. this could have occured naturally overtime.

I'm not a fan of the music that is used, but i did notice some footage which
i never saw before, good compilation.

Mace said:
I'm not a fan of the music that is used, but i did notice some footage which
i never saw before, good compilation.

The console ports did away with the ground missions and replaced them with video representations which we have in the files section.

lorddarthvik said:

Yeah, as the thread in the off topic forum ( http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=19399 ) currently shows, it's pretty damn hard to actually destroy a planet. Shaking it into tons of component pieces accomplishes nearly the same thing, but gravity will pull the clumps back together.

I can't say I'm a fan of the music, but you worked the imagery around it well. I particulary enjoyed how you put the part where blair is tractored in by melek at a spot where the song has a shift in tone.

What program did you use to make it though? The aspect ratio was screwed up in playback on my PC.

I'm not sure he has a Crius account or reads the forums. He used Windows Movie Maker.

ChrisReid said:
I'm not sure he has a Crius account or reads the forums. He used Windows Movie Maker.

I cant remember if windows movie maker has custom aspect ratios but i do know it has 16x9 support.... although some of the clips may have the black bars encoded in which would make combining the two sets a nuisance.

AD said:
I can't say I'm a fan of the music, but you worked the imagery around it well. I particulary enjoyed how you put the part where blair is tractored in by melek at a spot where the song has a shift in tone.

What program did you use to make it though? The aspect ratio was screwed up in playback on my PC.

If you use Wmp classic you can drag & drop to correct the aspect ratio during playback or in fullscreen with <keypad 2> to decrease height

First, thanks for watching everybody. Indeed, I'm using Windows Movie Maker to make my videos. Originally, I created some AMV (on www.animemusicvideos.org). Next, if somebody could tell me where I can find movies files from WC4 (I lost it 2 years ago), it would help me a lot in producing new music videos.

Finally, I would like to thank CIC staff for their work, which is -as everybody says- absolutely fantastic.

L.I.F. said:
First, thanks for watching everybody. Indeed, I'm using Windows Movie Maker to make my videos. Originally, I created some AMV (on www.animemusicvideos.org). Next, if somebody could tell me where I can find movies files from WC4 (I lost it 2 years ago), it would help me a lot in producing new music videos.

Finally, I would like to thank CIC staff for their work, which is -as everybody says- absolutely fantastic.

Considering the size of the files you would need your best bet would be to get it off ebay for a couple bucks (or even better hunt down the Double sided DVD with the movies in Mpeg-2 and 5.1 sound)

P.S. Have you checked out any of the other fan made music videos on the CIC?

https://www.wcnews.com/news/2111
https://www.wcnews.com/news/2040
https://www.wcnews.com/news/2025
https://www.wcnews.com/news/2031

Last edited by a moderator:
Back