Regarding HLP...

Some people there already hold the theory that Derek Smart causes all the problems because he was quite pissed off about the stuff people wrote about him.

But I believe that gamespy just sucks. There were no problems whatsoever when it was only hosted by IGN, but since IGN and gamespy joined there was no end of trouble. First crashes on monthly bases, then weekly, and now on a 2 day basis. I wonder why they don't fix the problem. I bet they loose loads of money because of that(HLP is not the only site that's affected IIRC)

Lynx said:
Some people there already hold the theory that Derek Smart causes all the problems because he was quite pissed off about the stuff people wrote about him.
Those people are just idiots.

But I believe that gamespy just sucks. There were no problems whatsoever when it was only hosted by IGN, but since IGN and gamespy joined there was no end of trouble. First crashes on monthly bases, then weekly, and now on a 2 day basis. I wonder why they don't fix the problem. I bet they loose loads of money because of that(HLP is not the only site that's affected IIRC)
If Gamespy/IGN was losing money during downtime, any problems would get fixed very quickly. The bandwidth cost for the free sites must be about equal to the ad revenue, with so small a margin that spending work hours on maintenance would put the balance in the red. I think you can expect to see some change in hosted site policy soon, because this scenario doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.

Breaking News!!!!

HLP Travels Back in Time!!

In a new, cunning move, GS/IGN managed to change the time to be different on every on every dynamic server. How they've done it is beyond me. If you expect that your answer in a thread appears after the previous post you haven't been to the HLP boards which are now ravaged by a fierce time distortion of unknown origin!

Jup its quite confusing...maybe we should number our post so you can more easly follow who posted first ^_^
Its like in MoO2 times...their was also an event called Timewarp.

Back