Red Dwarf Secret Ops Conversion

Bellend

Spaceman
My previous thread on this topic was deleted when Y2K hit so I still need some help on this subject. I've seen the screenshots for Unknown enemy so I was wondering how to do some stuff.

1. Change the ICIS mission briefings
2. Make a new room instead of that Cerberus on with the killboard etc...

Ok, that's it really for now...

anyone who can help with these please reply here.

thanks,

Red Dwarf to Secret Ops? Sounds fun. You get it done, and I'll reinstall SO.

------------------
Heck, when you think of a better signature, tell me.

DUDE! Kickass! I'm no longer a cadet! Good friend Bellend, this post of yours is blessed. Such things as this are good omens for WC TC's...
smile.gif

------------------
Heck, when you think of a better signature, tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I like Red Dwarf and all that but I don't really see how it can be adapted to a space combat game...

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

Well, don't quote me on this because it could change once we get the game under way. I've made .max models for some of the ships encountered in Red Dwarf. Red dwarf itself is gonna take a long time though so if you could point me in the direction of a working model then please do and I'll be forever in your debt. Anyway I was gonna tell you what will be in the game.

Well, you play Ace Rimmer. In Ace Rimmers Dimension Jumping ship. It'll all be explained in the opening cutscene (where he jumps in from a jump point but we'll pretend its from another dimension) anyway, you fly against simulant ships, gelf ships and they're all attacking the dwarf. You might be expecting the assistnace of the Red Dwarf crew as your wingmen in starbug or blue midget. There's gonna be online fiction posted for each episode. It's all still being planned and I'm confident it'll get underway as soon as my copy of 3D studio MAX stops acting up.

But as always there's a problem. My 3D Studio MAX has stopped working again so if anyone knows of a program that can convert MAX models to ASC models then please help me or if anyone could help me byconverting them to ASC for me then I would give you credit for the MAX/ASC conversion later on.

thanks in advance

PS. sorry about the length of this post

[This message has been edited by Bellend (edited January 09, 2000).]

I'm hoping to release this without having to play it in the simulator. Is there any way I can replace the original missions with these missions without deleting the original missions. I know how to do this with the original downloaded version but not with the prophecy gold version. Please help.

I can send you a program to convert the models. Is this address okay for you; djamesxx@emirates.net.ae?

------------------
Steven "Spaceboy" Takacs
spaceboy@canada.com
ICQ-22457107

Spaceboy: do you have any programs that can turn Cadd .dwg files into anything useful? i know i already have a post on this but i'm kinda desperate

------------------

Okay, I just emailed you, Bellend, the shareware program. As for you snuzzleduck is this address alright donald.p.reining@rose-hulman.edu? I may have something that will do it although I have not actually used the program myself, it's shareware too.

------------------
Steven "Spaceboy" Takacs
spaceboy@canada.com
ICQ-22457107

[This message has been edited by Spaceboy (edited January 09, 2000).]

Okay scratch that. My internet service provider will not let me email you Bellend. Here is the page where you can download; http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/tools.html 3DWin, a very good program that I use, converts many different formats.

Snuzzleduck: You should have just received dwfin211.zip. That is the best I can do, I don't know if it works at all.

------------------
Steven "Spaceboy" Takacs
spaceboy@canada.com
ICQ-22457107

[This message has been edited by Spaceboy (edited January 09, 2000).]

thanks spaceboy. Tell me, are you a bit of a genius when it comes to 3D modelling? if you are then would you feel like joining a (small) team in this project?

thank you ever so much Spaceboy.

I'm kinda tryin' to work on a bit of a project myself whenever time allows and the mood hits me. its a pretty cool idea, i think. and if you or anyone else would be interested in helpin' out, feel free to give slip me a message

I would not refer to me if I was a genius, but I did respond to your email about the project. I may be able to help you, but I do have much the same problem as many regulars on this board, I am quite pressed for time. I can promise to do whatever I can when I have free time. May I suggest that you post to the General Chat board for help? That is how Unknown Enemy got started after all....

------------------
Steven "Spaceboy" Takacs
spaceboy@canada.com
ICQ-22457107

Well, well, well.. guess what? I still can not get those files from you Bellend. Perhaps it was not meant to be.

------------------

Oh and unless you have gotten a response from the people on the general board, sorry for steering you the wrong way. I thought perhaps somebody might have responded.

------------------

Back