Red Alert 3 on the way!

I can't wait to hear "Hellmarch" again :D

I like this trend. Hopefully we can get some solid info on the new WC soon as well.

Don't know if these are official or not, but they look real to me.

Attachments

• post-781-1202917794.jpg
    post-781-1202917794.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 196
  • post-781-1202917858.jpg
    post-781-1202917858.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 209
  • post-781-1202917963.jpg
    post-781-1202917963.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 196
  • post-781-1202917986.jpg
    post-781-1202917986.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 201
  • post-781-1202918011.jpg
    post-781-1202918011.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 203
"Trenches" has been stuck in my mind since reading this thread. That was my favorite RA track.

Those screenshots look pretty cool. If they are official, it appears that the Mammoth tank will make yet another appearence. It hurts my mind to think of the hours I have spent playing RA. What a great game!

"Trenches" has been stuck in my mind since reading this thread. That was my favorite RA track.

Those screenshots look pretty cool. If they are official, it appears that the Mammoth tank will make yet another appearence. It hurts my mind to think of the hours I have spent playing RA. What a great game!

I think that they're Apocalypse tanks, Mammoths have two sets of treads.

Let's hope they get Frank Klepacki back to do it.

Not gonna happen. I love Frank Klepacki's music, but I don't understand why so many people keep asking for this. He works for a competitor, he's not gonna just quit and go work for another company just because they own the rights to a game he used to work on. Especially considering he didn't want to work for EA to begin with.

Frank Klepacki sounds like kind of an asshole.

But seriously, I don't want another shiny futuristic battle-y game. Lets hope this game has that amazing pulp feel that the first two did.

... and Kari Wuhrer.

... and map tables for her to lean over.

... and an inexplicable fire alarm that sets the water sprinklers off.

Yeah, that would definitely sell. The gameplay is supposedly going to be a little bit slower than C&C3, and the idea of doing the entire campaign cooperatively interests me. I think it will be pretty good.

Frank Klepacki sounds like kind of an asshole.

But seriously, I don't want another shiny futuristic battle-y game. Lets hope this game has that amazing pulp feel that the first two did.

... and Kari Wuhrer.

... and map tables for her to lean over.

EA lauched the official website: http://www.ea.com/redalert/

EA's official press release: http://www.ea.com/redalert/press_release.jsp
and a video interview: http://http://files.ea.com/downloads/eagames/cc/tiberium/BCPTRA3ENGDL-Hi.mov
Redwood City, Calif., February 14, 2008 – After a seven-year hiatus, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced the return of Red Alert, one of the most beloved and best-selling real time strategy (RTS) series of all time. Command & Conquer™: Red Alert™ 3, for the PC, Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, takes players on an epic adventure to a breathtaking alternate future spawned by time travel run amok . Developed by EA Los Angeles, Red Alert 3 breaks new ground in the RTS genre, featuring a fully co-operative campaign while bringing back the series’ light-hearted style and classic, action-oriented gameplay.

...“It’s been too long.” said Chris Corry, Executive Producer at EALA. “Fans have been waiting for a new Red Alert game for seven years, and we’re working hard to ensure its well worth the wait....

In Red Alert 3, the desperate leadership of a doomed Soviet Union travels back in time to change history and restore the glory of Mother Russia. The time travel mission goes awry, creating an alternate timeline where technology has followed an entirely different evolution, a new superpower has been thrust on to the world stage, and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making World War III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies like Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.

Red Alert 3 asks the question “What If?” What if every bizarre research project and technology experiment for the last 70 years had actually borne fruit? What if the Philadelphia Experiment, time travel theory, teleportation, invisibility, Tesla technology, and a hundred other intriguing research projects had all paid off and gone mainstream? What if the Soviet Union survived and thrived; what would it look like 10 years in the future? What if the Japanese Empire had never fallen and instead became the ultimate high-tech military superpower? The end result is an imaginative and playful vision of an alternate future filled with possibility.

Attachments

• 01_screenshot.jpg
    01_screenshot.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 02_screenshot.jpg
    02_screenshot.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 03_art.jpg
    03_art.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 161
I'm glad to see they are going to be using naval units. The cruisers and aircraft carriers were some of my favorite units in the first two.

"You can't always get what you want."

You lose so much by going to [forty years into the] future, though -- does this mean we won't have characters from the original (Tanya)? Or amusing caricatures of historical figures? Who's the Dr. Einstein or the Stalin of Alternate 2010 and why should we care?

You lose so much by going to [forty years into the] future, though -- does this mean we won't have characters from the original (Tanya)? Or amusing caricatures of historical figures? Who's the Dr. Einstein or the Stalin of Alternate 2010 and why should we care?

It seems that RA has been moved from a parody of wars of the past to another continuity-centric game.

True. I'm sitting back crossing my fingers hoping for the best...

(clones of Tanya?)

Back