Rebel Galaxy is awesome!!

Everything I've read about it sounds good, and its got good ratings on Steam etc. I loved Privateer and Freelancer so sounds like it'd appeal to me, still need to get me a proper stick that works before I get back into space sims properly again, well xmas is coming up soon, might buy myself one then.

Is it quite complex (eg the X series) or more to the arcade side (like Freelancer, Privateer etc)

So, I played about an hour or so of this last night, and its kinda interesting concept. Really took some getting used to navigating on the 2D plane as opposed to 3D space but it works in this context. It sort of reminds me of Descent:Freespace if you were captain of one of the huge cap ships, positioning seems important to cause maximum damage with each salvo. Story is so-so, but its the combat and exploration that's the big draw, and constantly upgrading. Always upgrade, just pile all your money into upgrades.

I'm not sure I'm totally wowed by the game yet but theres still some more to play before I get an idea of what else the game does, hopefully it twists the formula at some point before it hits that boredom spot most games find in me after a few hours.

Get some mines for your secondary weapons. Speed into a big ship sideways and launch those mines at it and start blasting the hell out of it. Once u get good and have 2nd or 3rd tier ship the game gets super fun as you really start to feel like a badass. I would compare this to Privateer or Freelancer instead of Freespace. Only difference is the 2d thing goin on. Also i play it with mouse and keyboard as i feel it gives me the best control. But seriously, try out those mines lol.

Back