Ranks and Abilities

Haliwali

Spaceman
I read through the 0.14 rulebook, and I had to question something. A commander on a cap won't be using the same abilities as a pilot. And a 2nd Lieutenant won't have command of a carrier.
Something I was thinking was the more time a captain spends with his ship, the more he knows about every little detail. How he can get just a bit more power out of his guns, or the exact limits of the engines. Also, limit rank to ship. An admiral probably won't be commanding a Venture for his career, nor would an officer fresh out of the Academy be commanding a Tallahassee.

Good ideas, but I'm going to repeat myself here: WCTO is rather concentrated on fighters and their pilots, so capships aren't my primary concern. They're in the game, but for the moment, I'd like to keep it as simple as possible. I don't mean to sound rude, but since my free time is becoming increasingly limited, I'd rather add things like fighter component damage and more elaborate pilot skills than capship combat. In all honesty, I think projects like the HW2 mod are actually better suited for large-scale battles than WCTO's ruleset is...

Back