Quick End Run Question

CT25

Captain
I know the Wolfhound, Concordia, Gettysburg, and Trafalgar were at the Battle of Vukar Tag and that the Concordia survived. It's been a while since I've read End Run though; what happened to the other three ships at the battle?

Trafalgar was destroyed, Wolfhound survived and Gettysburg was heavily damaged an would be in drydock for a year.

Being in drydock for a year *probably* means that the Gettysburg would have been decommissioned during the False Armistice, or, if it wasn't, blown up by Jukaga's cruisers when he hit the shipyards orbiting Luna, but there's no way to confirm that of course.

Gettysburg is supposed to be the same ship we see from Special Operations 1 - a Waterloo class cruiser. Fortschen didn't know that, so some people have tried to fix the problem by stating that Gettysburg was refitted as a full size carrier. Wolfhound is a Bengal class, as evidenced by the book calling her a sister ship of the Tiger's Claw. We don't know what class the Trafalgar is, though a lot of fanon will designate her as a Jutland class carrier because the naming scheme fits.

According to the CIC encyclopedia, the Trafalgar and Wolfhound were Bengals while the Gettysburg was a Waterloo.

EDIT: The Gettysburg is apparently the same ship as in SO1.

The TCS Trafalgar that is listed in the CIC Encylopedia appeared in the sixth episode of the Wing Commander: Academy TV series ("Chain of Command") where it was destroyed by the Kilrathi. This took place in 2654, so the Trafalgar from End Run can't be the same ship.

The TCS Trafalgar that is listed in the CIC Encylopedia appeared in the sixth episode of the Wing Commander: Academy TV series ("Chain of Command") where it was destroyed by the Kilrathi. This took place in 2654, so the Trafalgar from End Run can't be the same ship.

https://www.wcnews.com/encyclopedia/showrecord.php?id=1261

This most definitely says "The Trafalgar was destroyed during the battle at Vukar Tag in 2667."

Last edited by a moderator:
Its wrong.

No, both are right. You have TCS Trafalgar destroyed in 2654 during WCA "Chain of Command". You have another carrier named Traflgar lost at Vukar Tag in 2667.

The old encyclopedia is full of wrong/right information. Another reason to continue on with the WCPedia project!

Yes but the carrier lost at Vukar Tag is not a Bengal class ship, otherwise it would have been grouped in with Bear's description of the Wolfhound.

Ah, missed that part of the discussion.

Yeah, there is no confirmation on what the Trafalgar is except that she's a carrier.

I believe End Run specifies that the Trafalgar is a "CVA"... whatever that is.

CVA was used by the US Navy following WWII to denote "Attack Carriers", which was just a redesignation of Essex class CVs. (USS Bon Homme Richard was commissioned CV-31, but after the war changed to CVA-31)

How that helps? Eh not a whole lot, but I guess it could help support the Jutland hypothesis.

Right. The Jutland-class (Fanfiction!) replaces the Bengal as the Attack Carrier.
We see the Jutland Class in Standoff and Darkest Dawn. I use the class in Last Line and Enigma 2666.

Back