Question Academy Episode 1

Rylex

Rear Admiral
Heya everybody,

so I've watched Academy Episode for more than well... 6 years now and I still don't get the clue about the ending of Episode 1... perhaps it's because I don't understand all the text the Kilrathi say before the scout ship is shot down.

Maniac and Maverick are attacking the scout ship.

The Kilrathi officer says something like:
"Commander, two Terran ships are approaching on an attack (vector/character)?"

Commander: "Open Fire"

Then Archer (with the ejection pod) flies torwards the scout and hits it with the hull of the ejection pod.

I don't understand that... what's the clue behind this? I think this makes no sense...

Then the Kilrathi officer says: "Commander... we've been rammed" (or something like that)...

I think it's not possible that a little eject pod could ramm such a big ship and have any effect on the big ship. So why did Archer do that?

Then the Kilrathi commander says a sentece I don't understand... Something like:
"Take a base of action... something with engine and guns on full power"...

OK please who can help me here? I really don't understand why the ship drifts away after Trakhath throws the vase into the communication screen?

If anybody has a full dialogue text I would be thankful!

Please help I don't wanna die stupid :D

Alexander "Rylex"

Regarding Archer: Overzealous kids don't have to be smart. If anything her pod should've taken damage. But perhaps their ship registered the impact regardless and assumed a small fighter did it?

"Take a base of action... something with engine and guns on full power"...

Take evasive action. And as for Thrak's vase- I think that was coincidental timing, not Thrak having amazing powers.

Take evasive action. And as for Thrak's vase- I think that was coincidental timing, not Thrak having amazing powers.

Thanks for this sentence... do you know the rest of the sentence? Something with engine and full power?

I know that the ship did not drift away because of Thrakhath... so I want to know why the ship drifts away? Any ideas? You don't see any laser hits when it starts to drift away... a few seconds later both Scims are flying torwards the ship and firing ...

Well I just don't understand this scene with the Scout ship... perhaps they have switched engines offline and then are hit by lasers and drift away?

Perhaps LOAF knows why?

Well, Archer rams the scout as a diversion. However, in a nebula full of asteriods (far more of a threat) I'm not sure why her ramming would do much. Just more for the Kats to shoot at.

Being as the Kilrathi were trying to keep a low profile I'm assuming their engins and weapons were on standby...lower EM signiture. Though after taking out Archers fighter... After that they dont really seem to shoot.

Blair and Manic attack and the scout ship aparently drifts or in the course of evasive manuvers collides into a larger asteriod and blows up.
They get like 20 min to tell a story...so sometimes they make it short and sweet.

I always thought the lines went...

Sensor officer?: We've...been...rammed
Shintar: Take evasive action, fire main engins and come about to full power.

Than Thrakath comes on the comms complaining about why his pizza is late.

Thank you very much... I would like to hear what the others think but now I'm pretty sure it's like you said. The sentence sure sounds what you say and I understand it better now. Thanks again.

Like you said... archers ramming still is ... well... dont know why she did it. Perhaps like you said that the cats think they've been rammed by an asteroid...

Back