Question about Wing Commander Universe

matthew954

Spaceman
Ok, I've just downloaded a bunch of files for Wing Commander Universe, and I have no idea how to install them. The files I have are as follows: code, data, shippack 5.1, and wcu071705. I'm looking forward to playing this game and I am completely stumped. Any help will be appreciated.

I think figuring out how to install the game is supposed to be the most fun part.

matthew954 said:
Ok, I've just downloaded a bunch of files for Wing Commander Universe, and I have no idea how to install them.

The express installation option. Click and drag those files into the icon labeled Recycle Bin, right click and then left click on "Empty Recycle Bin"

Bandit LOAF said:
That's a lie and you know it.

... there's no fun part.

Deleting the files....

Washing your eyes out with soap....

Cutting your hands off and praying for forgivness...

Do your self a favor and wait for Pioneer. In the meantime buy Privateer on eBay and play that. Use DosBox.

I take it the game sucks then? The screens made it look pretty good. And yes I am looking forward to Pioneer, and Saga. I thought Universe would be a nice fill in the gap game to play while I'm waiting.

Yeah, Universe is a mess. It's just a bunch of people mashing unrelated 3D models into someone else's pile. Try Gemini Gold, that works pretty well (or Standoff, if you haven't already).

Gemini Gold is the best if you want a remake of Privateer.

Your best off if you pretend you didn't know WCU existed.

Back