Question about the people on bases or in your ship

Vinman

Vice Admiral
I'm wondering how characters will be done in Pioneer.

Will there be pre-set heads and hair that can be mixed and matched to create a wide range of characters to interact with, or will they be individually modeled?

Is any work being done on human/kilrathi/firekkan/whatever characters at this point, or is that taking a back seat to getting the spaceflight working?

I may be of (some) help with the characters. I more or less specialize in that; although mainly I don't do the 3D jobs myself, having some modellers and animators working with me... but I still can spot mistakes and solve problems related to character design and animation. Howard, I can send you some examples from past and current projects if you're interested.

All the character work is on the back burner at the moment pending completion of the flight demo. I think we were thinking on having different heads, and a couple of different torso and leg bits to mix and match. i think it was going to be something like a grand total of 4 for each. 2 male, 2 female for starters. It's been a while since we last discussed that though, so i'm not 100% on that.

you don't need to elaborate to much on this until you start getting closer to the first release.

Or even after that

Back