Question about future of Saga

Bandit LOAF said:
1994 :)? Proving Grounds adds a bunch of new multiplayer modes, the coolest asteroids ever to appear in WC, some weird new technologies (anti-cloaking guns!) and IPX Network play.

And this isn't in the files section BECAUSE?...

Bandit LOAF said:
Two published games (Armada/Proving Grounds and Prophecy GBA) feature multiplayer support... and a number of fan mods have as well (WCZone and Fleet Action come to mind).

Prophecy GBA is... well for GBA. And Armada is not a space simulator, afterall (it has elements of space battl, but it is more a strategy)

Tolwyn said:
Prophecy GBA is... well for GBA. And Armada is not a space simulator, afterall (it has elements of space battl, but it is more a strategy)
I'd say the exact opposite, actually - it's a space sim with elements of strategy.

Quarto said:
I'd say the exact opposite, actually - it's a space sim with elements of strategy.

well, whatever it is, it is not functioning with current i-net protocols

Yeah, I don't think anyone who ever played Armada multiplayer did it for the strategy mode -- Armada deathmatches and gauntlet co-op games were a heck of a lot of fun.

Their was a strategy in Armada ? ^_^
Best game I ever had was with a friend over splitscreen...first we have collected as many resources as possible...then came the big battle...nearly two hours of constand fighting.

I used to play it split screen with my brother..I was a big fan of the gladius it was much better in armada then priv...he used to use the goran or shok'lar a lot...

Actually, I only played Armada for the WC strategy element. I found split screen dogfighting was impossible since at least one person had to use the keyboard. In reality it had to be both, since the person using the joystick would win no contest. Not only was using the keyboard frustrating, if I recall it was a logistical nightmare to share a keyboard in such a way. We ended up putting combat on auto just playing it as a turn-based strategy game.

Guessing people that enjoyed split screen combat were able to play using two joysticks on their system or somehow managed to become adept with the keyboard?

We used only the keyboard an no Joystick !
That was fun sometimes....
"Hey did you just fired that missile at my carrier?"
"Yes"
"Then do it from your fighter and not from my ONE!!!"

Man that was real fun...miss that times...also fighting only with the keyboard gives you the thrill...at least 30min after the fight started you mostly got a cramp while 4 hand are on one keyboard ^_^

LOL, yep, my brother and I only had one Joystick, and I had to use the keyboard (I was young and gullible at the time). But I still won at least half the time. :D

Back