Prologue campaign?

I have forced myself to get the Interface done and it is nearly done. Now Starman and Tolwyn are doing the buttons for it so that we are one step closer to a release.
Starman is also trying to fix the last bugs with the missions so their is also some progress.
Our biggest problem is still the ficition viewer that the SCP dosn't get done..don't know if its a technical problem or if they are just not interested.
The last thing we would have to do after the Interface and Missions will be cutscenes...at least an Intro and Outro...maybe also something between the missions...deepends on what time I have got do create them.
Sadly the team has very little time for working on the mod so progress is slow as usuall.

Yes that was befor we know that some got ill, haveing to much exams and other stuff.
We are also working on the interface, missions seam to running fine....still some things to do but we are closer then ever ^_^

It has been a wild ride these past few months. We had several team members out of action due to real life issues, and the work on the interface was extremely laborious (much more so than you would think). However, we wanted to stay true to the Wing Commander essence even using the FS engine, and thus we believed that the time invested in the interface was worthwhile.

We are currently doing some testing, and missions seem to be working great. There are really only a handful of bugs left. We just have a couple of things (some of which are out of our hands) that remain to be done. We have talked about a general timeframe a few times (which I am not at liberty to discuss, on pain of Tolwyn and Starman pile-driving me), but a lot of the issues that were holding us up in September have been resolved. There is actually only one really major issue that I can think of right now, and that is the fiction viewer. We are considering options right now.

We realize we have been saying that it is close for quite some time now, and we certainly aren't trying to toy with you by doing so. The delays due to rl have been inevitable, and the delays due to development shifts have been, in hindsight, well-warranted and will improve the quality of the product when we deliver it.

Thank you so much for your patience. This time, when we are saying soon, it is in a much more proximate way than how we were saying it in September. It won't be long now.

I think the most ironical thing about the development is that if the prologue is done the rest can be done in a much shorter amount of time...I think we could make the complete pack of 35 mission in the same time we needed for the entire prologue.

Still we had a lot of delays in the past....some because of real life and other reasons that are out of our controle.

Like I said previously, I still have faith in the SAGA team.

Is there any interaction between you guys and the team developing the 'Babylon Project'? They seem to have done a great job integrating the Babylon 5 theme into the FS2 engine.

Cant wait to try it out, I watched the Vids on the Saga site, and looked at all the Screen Shots, Looks Amazing, Good work guys. Cant wait to plug that into FS2 and play it.

Glad to hear the enthusiasm. Just let me remind everyone that WC Saga will be entirely stand-alone, with no need to "plug it in" to an existing installation of FS2 (or any other program, for that matter).

Sphynx said:
Glad to hear the enthusiasm. Just let me remind everyone that WC Saga will be entirely stand-alone, with no need to "plug it in" to an existing installation of FS2 (or any other program, for that matter).

Ohh wow Really, How do you manage that??

The game itself had its source code released and is available to freely download. There's no reason why any Freespace 2 mod can't be a completely self contained thing.

Back