"Project Sylpheed" for xbox 360

Bigt028

Rear Admiral
ok so i may be behind the times but i just got a xbox360 for the holidays and found this game.
look similar to a Wing Commander type game and wanted to know if anyone has it, played it and can offer any comments, is it worth playing. thanks

Greetings, it has been a long time since my last post around here.:(

Well first, congratulations for your new xbox.:D
Second, I've bought one for Christmas as well and guess what, my first game was Project Sylpheed. :)

My modest opinion is that WC games are far better, but never the less I had great fun playing it. It has beautiful cinematics and despite the gameplay sometimes becomes a little confusing it's quite exciting.
If you go to the http://www.gametrailers.com/ you can check some videos and screenshots as well a critic that personally I don't agree. But be warn, it's a little short.

If you end buying it, tell me what you think of it.:)

thank you for the review, i was hoping it was a little close, i know nothing compares to Wing Commander, i was hoping for something similar. being on a carrier, selecting ships...the trailer looks great. thanks again.

I like the story in this game, as well as the game play... that having been said, the graphics such as the exhaust trail make it very hard to tell what is going on at any given time, and is a little too fast paced.

thanks, i think i will get the game anyway, looks really cool
then i noticed that a new game is comming out for 360 called
star ocean last hope, not sure if this is another space sim,

Why not... Wing Commander Arena?

It's a downloadable game, so you'll need a points card or give your credit card to Microsoft (the former can be had on sale from various retailers - amazon.com and dell being those who often discount them $5-10).

You can try the demo out. It's in the Xbox Live area (you don't need to pay to access those games or the friends stuff - if you want to play online, you'll need to pay, though).

Unfortunately, thanks to the lack of multiplayer in the demo versions of games, Arena included, you don't get to see the really fun stuff. Get up enough people, and capship battles is freaking insane. :)

("Enough" depending on who's around. LeHah and I won it for the Kilrathi with just us two, him in the heavy Paktahn [version name forgotten] and me in a Dralthi Rhino, against 3-4 Confeds all in heavy ships. Granted, our BC had all of 5% left on it when the other one died. :D )

Unfortunately, thanks to the lack of multiplayer in the demo versions of games, Arena included, you don't get to see the really fun stuff. Get up enough people, and capship battles is freaking insane. :)

I have to agree. Capship battles with at least 8 people are really fun, but when you have 16, watch out! It's simply mayhem and great fun.

We really should try and get an Arena session going sometime soon. It's been a while since I've logged a game with it.

Well, that's the catch - the demo version lets you taste it, and if you like it, hopefully you'll pay for it, and get the benefits. The benefits include multiplayer gaming, and access to the later levels...

But at least there's a demo... and really, the demo and full version are the same (they're unlocked with a license key you get when you purchase and your xbox360 downloads automatically).

The demo of Arena only has the "proving grounds" and asteroids maps, both of which are inhabited by AIs, though. Neither are really showing off Arena's best features, even without the issue of not having other players to play against.

Wow, and I thought petitiononline.com was retarded...

Way to get the internet taken seriously, i-petitions...

i saw the game for a great price, i will pick it up this weekend, it looks really cool..
Project sylpheed i mean, i am not online with xbox360 yet...cant play WC Arena

wuick question, after missions do you get to interact with the characters in Project Sylpheed, of are they only cut scenes and you can only fly

Back