Progress update!

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Every once in a while, we lose patience. When we lose patience, we drag Eder into the basement and hit him repeatedly with baseball bats until he coughs up a website update. This is one of those occasions.

Anyway, the news update itself has all the details, but in short - there's lots of progress on the progress page, a new character profile on the characters page (two new profiles, if you didn't notice Squealer's profile appear back in October), and ten new screenshots. Crossbows, Broadswords, Rapiers, Snakeirs, Stingrays... they're all there.

On a sidenote, I just noticed that you can almost always tell which screenshots were taken by me. How? Well, the front armour is almost always missing :p. That also used to happen when I played Proving Grounds on the school network back in high school... what can I say, going head-to-head is a good and effective way of quickly ending a duel, but it's very, very hard on the ship's nose ;).

Yep, that there is a lot of Broadswords. On a side note, please include less bombing missions flying the Gladius.

How about a bombing mission using an Epee loaded with a single torpedo, as briefly mentioned in WC2. That would be fun.

@Fatcat - If you think the Gladius was a flying piece of junk in Standoff so far - just wait for E3. The pain of flying a Gladius... Sweet pain...

Fatcat said:
Yep, that there is a lot of Broadswords. On a side note, please include less bombing missions flying the Gladius.
Episode 3 is pretty much the last time you fly bombing missions in a Gladius... but for the duration of this episode, you'll just have to endure :p. There are no other bombers onboard the Firekka in this episode.

Quarto said:
Every once in a while, we lose patience. When we lose patience, we drag Eder into the basement and hit him repeatedly with baseball bats until he coughs up a website update. This is one of those occasions.

Oh man, poor Eder.
Have you ever tought in placing nails on top of those bats Q? It would increase productivity in 60%. ;)

KillerWave said:
Oh man, poor Eder.
Have you ever tought in placing nails on top of those bats Q? It would increase productivity in 60%. ;)
Well, we tried once, but it got really messy. Eder was more productive, but there was all this blood we had to clean up. Needless to say, I felt that any productivity-boosting measures that increase my workload are actually productivity-decreasing measures.

Nobody else has anything interesting to say about the new screenshots? I'm appalled! :p

Well theres certainly an impressive attack group you got yourself. Almost makes me feel sorry for anything on the angry end of those broadswords.

Hehe, we gotta show the other side of that battle in the next update... you'll feel sorry for the Broadswords. :p

Based on the fact that the SO engine seems to very much push the idea that afterburners = most important part of the ship, I'd believe it.

Eder said:
Hehe, we gotta show the other side of that battle in the next update... you'll feel sorry for the Broadswords. :p
IIRC the Broadswords get their asses handed to them in Fleet Action. But can you show us Standoff's Concordia Class?

No, you'd all kill me for breaking the canon.

(Plus, you've already seen it in an Ep. 2 splash screen).

As I recall Edar's Concordia has bays out the back, that you can't fly through. I hated the Gladius in Standoff 2. I could live with it until it lost ITTS. Its not like the Rapier where you hit your burners and slide in on their tale. You have to try deflection shooting in the Gladius!

Back