Privateer and Righteous Fire Reference Numbers & Mission Guides

Six-Gun Slim

Rear Admiral
Now that GOG has graciously put RF into their release of Privateer, I've started playing and was immediately reminded of the additional equipment added in RF. I was wondering if someone had the numbers for the energy consumption and relative benefits of the various weapons and upgrades in Privateer and RF? I have the level 5 engine upgrade and level 4 shields with 4x tachyon guns, and I want to know how much energy the shield regenerator/thrust enhancer/ etc uses, as well as the stats for the fusion cannon (and the other weapons for that matter). Does anyone have these?

On a side note, I'd be interested in what people use on their Centurions. I've done well with the setup above: combined with the dual missile launchers, I can take on 4-5 Gothri at once without much problem at all.

Finally, are the old mission guides for RF totally gone from the CIC or are they still up but buried somewhere? I'd like the walkthrough, but currently the section on 'Missions' for Privateer/RF on WCpedia is blank :(

https://www.wcnews.com/guides/ will have the guide info you need.

Usually regardless of if it's Privateer or Righteous Fire I take the best engine available and one less for the shields. Crank the shields down one level and you can afterburn and shoot close to forever before you have to stop to recharge (and you recharge awful fast). The other add-ons are nice but not particularly necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that GOG has graciously put RF into their release of Privateer, I've started playing and was immediately reminded of the additional equipment added in RF. I was wondering if someone had the numbers for the energy consumption and relative benefits of the various weapons and upgrades in Privateer and RF? I have the level 5 engine upgrade and level 4 shields with 4x tachyon guns, and I want to know how much energy the shield regenerator/thrust enhancer/ etc uses, as well as the stats for the fusion cannon (and the other weapons for that matter). Does anyone have these?

On a side note, I'd be interested in what people use on their Centurions. I've done well with the setup above: combined with the dual missile launchers, I can take on 4-5 Gothri at once without much problem at all.

Hi Six-Gun Slim,

you can only get a level 4 engine on the Centurion in RF!
Level 5 and higher only with cheating savegames...

I've played through Privateer and RF during the last weeks and I installed level 4 engine and level 4 shield for RF.
I always drop shields one level when attacking (that means 3 circles = level 4 ... 2 circles are level 2.66).

However I'm not using Tachyon Guns for Righteous Fire anymore. I used them a long time ago, but the Fusion Cannon is simply better.
The numbers in the CIC gun database are WRONG! => https://www.wcnews.com/articles/gunchart.htm <= WRONG!

I found out that the Fusion Cannon has indeed a speed of 1350kps and is even faster than the Tachyon Cannon (1250kps).

Tachyon does 5cm damage.
Fusion Cannon does 6.6cm damage.

Overall Tachyon Cannon has the best price/power value.
Fusion Cannon is more expensive but has a higher range... but it uses slightly a bit more energy per damage.
Using gun coolers however the Fusion Cannon wins!

16.67 dmg/s for Tachyon - 4250 range - 0.3 delay - 25 GJ/s
17.60 dmg/s for Fusion - 4590 range - 0.375 delay - 26.40 GJ/s

A very close win... and 5x the price... but hey if you want the best (what the numbers say), then take the Fusion Cannon!
Without gun cooler the difference is smaller... because the Fusion Cannon has a higher delay for refire rate, it wins more speed with the 25% gun cooler boost.
Fusion 0.5 => 0.375
Tachyon 0.4 => 0.3

However - the most important fact for me was the higher speed and the longer range!
If you don't believe me that the CIC numbers are wrong, then equip your ship with a Fusion Cannon and a Tachyon Cannon.
Fire both cannons at the same time and fire a missile with missile camera on. You will see that the Fusion Cannon is faster and has the higher range!

That means 4x Fusion Cannons for me!

There is a strange bug by the way. If you first bought 6 Tachyon Cannons (4 for front and two for turret) and then sell the four front guns and change them to Fusion Cannons, but keep the two Tachyon Cannons inside the turret, the following happens:

If you turn on your targeting help with the key "i" the system will use the Tachyon Cannon's system for the targeting help and NOT the Fusion Cannon's system! You can also see that the color of the targeting help is wrong. Fusion Cannon has white and Tachyon has dark red/purple!
You need to change the turret's Tachyon Cannons to Fusion Cannons, too! Otherwise it won't work correctly!

Next bug: If you are inside the turret with "F5" key and switch to F8 key for the following view of your ship, then you can't control the ship becaues you are inside the turret. If you fire, the turret will fire :-P ... you need to press "F1" and then "F8" again to steer the ship using this view!

Best wishes

Rylex

Last edited by a moderator:
Back