Privateer 2: The Darkening

Tarquinn

Rear Admiral
Hello all, I got a question regarding Privateer 2.

Does it take place in the established WC (Kilrathi, Confederation etc.) universe?

If yes, when or where?
Several years/centuries in the furure?
In a completly different part of the galaxy, with no contact to the Confederation?
It's close to or is even part of the Confederation, it just isn't mentioned in the game itself?

Any ideas?

Privateer 2 takes place in 2789 -- so it's more than a hundred years after Prophecy. The official line is that it hasn't yet had contact with the Confederation -- although there are some hints of this in the game itself...

Bandit LOAF said:
Privateer 2 takes place in 2789 -- so it's more than a hundred years after Prophecy. The official line is that it hasn't yet had contact with the Confederation -- although there are some hints of this in the game itself...
Yes, it takes place 120 years after WC4. The question is, if the tri-system humans never had contact with the confederation, can we be sure that the year really is the year 2789?

Do the tri-system humans originate from earth?

Thanks much so far. :)

Bandit LOAF said:

Don´t forget the Kilrathi!!

The lack of normal human contact explains the clothes those freaks wear. And why their acting is so poor. And why the whole bloody universe looks like a poorly filmed dream sequence.

Fashion morphs, ye see. The clothes you see girls wearing today (their clothes seem to alter with trends a little more than menswear - random though for today) would undoubtedly seem as nutty to someone from, say, 1920. And I never saw the acting as something all that bad... As for the video-quality... Well, it ain't exactly prerendered 3D - well, the significant bits aren't, anyway. Care to estimate the evolutionary status of motion-capture software/hardware in the mid-'90s?

For the acting, well, I can't say I've seen much brittish television other than a few comdedies that get aired in America, such as Monty Python or Fawlty Towers. I know very little about the drama acting over there.

As for the film quality, all I know is that the angles, lighting, and constant haze made the whole thing look like a dream sequence.

The fashion: Well, I do suppose anyone can have bad taste. :)

Back