Privateer 2 ship images

ScoobyDoo

Rear Admiral
I've got a question, since TCE went down I'm having troubles finding good alternative images for the rarer ships (mostly privateer 2).
CIC does provide a nice pic, however it's got a couple of problems (besides being small) is that it's on a black background and theres only one view. It's hard to get a good sense of how the ship actually looks for a model. Is there any other sites that have picture images? Google brings up a few ships from a russian site but thats about all. Oh and did any save the images from TCE before it went down?

It's probably the case that a site that includes what you're looking for doesn't exist. It sounds like you should go around taking Privateer 2 pictures and post them somewhere for the next project.

Ugh I was afraid of that...

I don't own either of the privateer games. Is there a ship viewer in P2 that lets you see the ships (like whats in freespace, tie fighter(i think) and wing commander?)

Oh... you mean pics like this one here?

Lalalala... *sing & have a bottle of beer*

Deacan

Attachments

• duress01.jpg
    duress01.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 369
ScoobyDoo said:
Sweet!!!
Thanks Deacan I'm getting a much much better 3d picture of what it looks like.

So you get your hands on a shipviewer? Or did someone build up some new versions for you?

Deacan

Sorry no, I don't even have P2.

I was comparing it to
p2duress.jpg

which btw, isn't too bad of a picture, it's that it lacks depth and perspective. For example the front canards look flat and not bent, same with the main wing tips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Those wing tips now appear to be nearly straight up rather than swept back.

Any pics of any other ships?

isn't there any way to make a screenshot and put it into photoshop for customizing? that wouldn't need viewer etc...

Black-Wulf said:
isn't there any way to make a screenshot and put it into photoshop for customizing? that wouldn't need viewer etc...

Yes, you got it.

Problem for most may be the sad truth, that P II simply not work on ultra-modern pc...

Deacan

ScoobyDoo said:
Thanks! Those wing tips now appear to be nearly straight up rather than swept back.
Hm, not sure (haven't played Priv2 much due to technical problems) - but to me they look like they're swept FORWARD...
(hope this is somewhat helpful)

Deacan said:
Yes, you got it.

Problem for most may be the sad truth, that P II simply not work on ultra-modern pc...

You can run Privateer 2 in DOSBox and simply hit Printscreen, then paste the results into Photoshop or whatever.

Btw - anyone has an idea where I can find the civilshuttle (typ: previa or something like that) inside the game?

Deacan
-with an harddisc full of images from P II... yeah, the work has just begun... but the fun make it worth.

Back