Privateer 2 ship images

ScoobyDoo

Rear Admiral
I've got a question, since TCE went down I'm having troubles finding good alternative images for the rarer ships (mostly privateer 2).
CIC does provide a nice pic, however it's got a couple of problems (besides being small) is that it's on a black background and theres only one view. It's hard to get a good sense of how the ship actually looks for a model. Is there any other sites that have picture images? Google brings up a few ships from a russian site but thats about all. Oh and did any save the images from TCE before it went down?

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
It's probably the case that a site that includes what you're looking for doesn't exist. It sounds like you should go around taking Privateer 2 pictures and post them somewhere for the next project.

ScoobyDoo

Rear Admiral
Ugh I was afraid of that...

I don't own either of the privateer games. Is there a ship viewer in P2 that lets you see the ships (like whats in freespace, tie fighter(i think) and wing commander?)

Deacan

Commodore
Oh... you mean pics like this one here?

Lalalala... *sing & have a bottle of beer*

Deacan

Attachments

• duress01.jpg
    duress01.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 321

Deacan

Commodore
ScoobyDoo said:
Sweet!!!
Thanks Deacan I'm getting a much much better 3d picture of what it looks like.

So you get your hands on a shipviewer? Or did someone build up some new versions for you?

Deacan

ScoobyDoo

Rear Admiral
Sorry no, I don't even have P2.

I was comparing it to
p2duress.jpg

which btw, isn't too bad of a picture, it's that it lacks depth and perspective. For example the front canards look flat and not bent, same with the main wing tips.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScoobyDoo

Rear Admiral
Thanks! Those wing tips now appear to be nearly straight up rather than swept back.

Any pics of any other ships?

Deacan

Commodore
Black-Wulf said:
isn't there any way to make a screenshot and put it into photoshop for customizing? that wouldn't need viewer etc...

Yes, you got it.

Problem for most may be the sad truth, that P II simply not work on ultra-modern pc...

Deacan

MavS

Spaceman
ScoobyDoo said:
Thanks! Those wing tips now appear to be nearly straight up rather than swept back.
Hm, not sure (haven't played Priv2 much due to technical problems) - but to me they look like they're swept FORWARD...
(hope this is somewhat helpful)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Deacan said:
Yes, you got it.

Problem for most may be the sad truth, that P II simply not work on ultra-modern pc...

You can run Privateer 2 in DOSBox and simply hit Printscreen, then paste the results into Photoshop or whatever.

Deacan

Commodore
Btw - anyone has an idea where I can find the civilshuttle (typ: previa or something like that) inside the game?

Deacan
-with an harddisc full of images from P II... yeah, the work has just begun... but the fun make it worth.