Privateer 2 DOS to Windows patch help

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
Hey everyone!

I recently got a DOS version of Privateer 2, and I'm aware of the patch to convert it to Windows 95, so I try it. Everything goes swimmingly until I go to launcher.exe, (after I installed it) it says insert Disc 1, now I'm not sure what to do there. Do I keep the disc in there or what? I even tried to put the DOS disc in (which I knew wouldn't work) and didn't work. I even set it to Windows 95 compatibility mode. So I just need somebody to tell me what to do there. It would be GREATLY apreciated.

Thanks in advance,

The Maniac

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to make this a meaningless thread, but after some trying, I got it to work.

Sorry again,
The Maniac

maniac89 said:
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to make this a meaningless thread, but after some trying, I got it to work.

Sorry again,
The Maniac

It wouldn't be so meaningless if you let us know what the fix was just incase someone else with the same problem comes across this thread.

He wasn't asking where the patch is. That's linked from all over. The point is to document your problem and solution so the next person doesn't have to make this thread over again.

Oh, right:

What I did was that I was running install.exe from my temporary directory(this all explained in the steps on the website.), which isn't what your supposed to do. Instead, run install.exe from your CD-R or CD-RW to install it, then run the same file again to run the game. As simple as that.

The Maniac

Back