Privateer 2 deluxe controls

Maniac II

Rear Admiral
So uh... my dog ate my joystick. But no seriously she chewed through the cord, and I'm right in the middle of playing privateer 2 (sorry, duh). I don't really have the extra cash to fork right now to get a new one, so I'm trying to play it with a mouse. My god has it been one of the most aggravating ventures of my life. Is there any patch out there to allow for keyboard play (I know thats bound to make an elitist cringe) or is there an option I've overlooked to change the mouse sensitivity level?

...---... ...---... somebody please help!:(

thank you

Nope, no way to play with the keyboard. In DOSbox, you can adjust the mouse sensitivity by changing the sensitivity=100 line.

I haven't tried it, but I know dossbox 073 has a key binding mapper where you can bind a key to another.
So you can chose axis X+ on the joystick to be bound to the up arrow key and so on.

AWESOME ANSWER

thanks I love your answer it helped me .

after drinking heavily and re-playing privateer and righteous fire I found privateer 2 which I never played. not having a joystick makes it very hard to play.

thanks I love your answer it helped me .

after drinking heavily and re-playing privateer and righteous fire I found privateer 2 which I never played. not having a joystick makes it very hard to play.

Hmm, quite odd...

Maybe it was just me, but I found my last play of P2 (just recently) on my laptop, without my joystick attached, just fine.

I found it quite easy to play P2 (Win95 version and DOS version under DOSbox) using just mouse and keyboard. Maybe it was my settings??? Hmm...

Back